Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

Not sure if anyone else has taken notice, but the City has put up new anti-panhandling signs around the bus transfer center along Washington and McBee. I like the signs because they discourage giving money to those who beg in order to feed their addictions, but suggest instead that you should give to organizations that actually help such citizens. Of course, they're in the City's classic purple, green, and white branding scheme. I think it's a socially responsible approach that the City has taken. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

***This is a test.***

I posted something in the downtown retail thread and it didn't trigger the normal response (thread didn't move to top, last update time didn't appear on forum homepage).

I had similar results in my last two posts, yesterday and today, in two other threads. Both times I received the same error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

(I'm now using Google Chrome browser, but that shouldn't make a difference.)

[Ed: Same thing when I initially posted this message.]

Edited by RiverWalker

I had similar results in my last two posts, yesterday and today, in two other threads. Both times I received the same error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

(I'm now using Google Chrome browser, but that shouldn't make a difference.)

[Ed: Same thing when I initially posted this message.]

I've gotten that message off and on for the past week.

Also, what's weird is when I sign in it shows new topics posted under Greenville, but then nothing is highlighted after I get passed the SC page. I have to click on the topic from the SC page to bring up the new posts.

I've gotten that message off and on for the past week.

Also, what's weird is when I sign in it shows new topics posted under Greenville, but then nothing is highlighted after I get passed the SC page. I have to click on the topic from the SC page to bring up the new posts.

Perhaps this issue is browser-related after all. I just posted a new message using a different browser, with obviously a different browser configuration, and it went through without a hitch. The problem seems to arise when I use Google Chrome with some script blocking enabled but not when I use Firefox with similar (but slightly different) script blocking enabled.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is AIMCO?

AIMCO is (or was) the largest Residential Apartment Management company in the US. The division in Greenville used to be part of Insignia Financial Group from way back when. They have been downtown for a long time.

I can confirm they are moving. On Monday they start at the new offices near St Francis Hospital off of 385/85

• 1 month later...

WYFF will air a story this evening about Liquid Highway........for those of you who have been stiffed by this company or dealt with them through leasing issues and broken contracts, you should find it interesting.

Yep. Can't believe they have been lying to their customers like that for three years now. The company is also having some serious debt problems where they owe investors millions of dollars. They wont be getting any more of my business.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen a post on this......

Apparently the July 4th fireworks show was a bust. 25% plus of the fireworks never exploded. There was no grand finale. Apparently the show was a horrible embarrassment. Greenville's Facebook page was over loaded with negative comments and the city had to make a statement (excuse).

Details just continue to erode......

Haven't seen a post on this......

Apparently the July 4th fireworks show was a bust. 25% plus of the fireworks never exploded. There was no grand finale. Apparently the show was a horrible embarrassment. Greenville's Facebook page was over loaded with negative comments and the city had to make a statement (excuse).

Details just continue to erode......

At least it wasn't San Diego's...

• 3 weeks later...