Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

It was on in various parts of the state (I watched it in Charleston), but if you can believe it, the game was NOT on TV in the Greenville market! How stupid is that? I don't know who is to blame, but Clemson's own TV market should always have the game televised if anyone else does.

But why on earth would you buy tickets and drive 25 miles to watch the game if you can just sit at home and watch it on TV? :rolleyes:

I just thought i'd let everyone know the 50 story tower Iwas gonna build has been put on hold,due to someone else winning my powerball jackpot. :D I know we have talked about the lottery subject before,but I thought it would be fun to see what people would have done with there winnings had someone from UP won the lotto.I could have done alot of good for Greenville :cry: ,but I guess I'll have to find some other way to contribute.

Well, In addition to building my own awesome downtown tower, I'd help these other towers get off the drawing board and start rising... Then possibly buy a huge tract of land, or several pieces that are adjacent just outside the city limits, and request annexation, before developing a huge residential development. With some more of my money, I'd possibly buy out a company move its headquarters to Greenville, and be sure to not to send any jobs overseas.

For starters, I would have made certain that both the Kroc Center, Imagine Nation, and the History Museum of the Upcountry had all that they needed to get the doors open. I'd then have looked for other worth causes in our community. And, needless to say, my pending move to Colorado Springs would have been cancelled. :lol:

I think I would also made the Greenville National Whitewater Center a reality. :rofl:

I'd love to see it on a lot more street signs throughout the city. :thumbsup: I would especially love to see it back-lit on some of those lighted signs. It's an extremely tasteful logo.

Somewhere in another thread, we also discussed new street signs. Here is an article from Saturday's Greenville News about the new signs the city is putting in. Most are directional signs for things like Bilo, Peace Center, Liberty Bridge, etc. I saw the new Liberty Bridge signs downtown today. All are consistent and have the Greenville "G", green/purple brand image. :thumbsup:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....8/1001/ARCHIVES

Somewhere in another thread, we also discussed new street signs. Here is an article from Saturday's Greenville News about the new signs the city is putting in. Most are directional signs for things like Bilo, Peace Center, Liberty Bridge, etc. I saw the new Liberty Bridge signs downtown today. All are consistent and have the Greenville "G", green/purple brand image. :thumbsup:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....8/1001/ARCHIVES

I noticed there are these wayfinder signs on nearly every block along Main Street now:

101193386_27eab878ac.jpg101193385_482ee708ba.jpg

They're pretty cool. My daughter rode along Main Street counting down the blocks until we reached Falls Park last night. :lol:

BTW, there have been signs for Falls Park along Main Street for months now. I really like them, but from a car it is difficult to read the number of blocks.

Man, am I that blind?? :D I'm up and down Main almost everyday (depending on travel schedule) and this is the first time I've noticed. Guess I need to be more observant! :D

There had been signs up and down Main Street for falls park for months; however, these new signs replaced the old ones. I'm certain of that. They're constructed differently and attached to the poles in a manner such that you can see both sides of the new signs (as pictured above).

Those signs are for pedestrians, not cars :)

I bet kids can spot them from cars. :thumbsup:

Edited by RestedTraveler

There had been signs up and down Main Street for falls park for months; however, these new signs replaced the old ones. I'm certain of that. They're constructed differently and attached to the poles in a manner such that you can see both sides of the new signs (as pictured above).

Thanks RT. Nice to know I have still have good eyesight! :D