Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

hey - does anybody know of a good (honest/reliable, if there exists such a thing!) foreign car mechanic in g'ville? i'm specifically for someone to check out my VW so a german car mechanic would be great...

If you live in the southern end of the county, Beamers-N-Benzs may be an option. I have not been there personally, but have heard they have a good reputation. They are located on Scuffletown Road just south of Five Forks in Simpsonville. The number is 676-9033. You may want to call ahead to make sure they work on VW's.

If you live in the southern end of the county, Beamers-N-Benzs may be an option. I have not been there personally, but have heard they have a good reputation. They are located on Scuffletown Road just south of Five Forks in Simpsonville. The number is 676-9033. You may want to call ahead to make sure they work on VW's.

thanks NYt! i live downtown (north main) but am willing to drive for good work and a good deal...

There is a place over in Powdersville/Easley just off of Hwy 153 which only works on foreign autos, but the name slips me at present. I have friends who take their cars there all the time and seem to really trust them. I'll get the name and number when I can locate it.

Edit: Keller Import service 2244 Powdersville Rd - 295-4068

Good Afternoon to All,

I have a question for you. I am a Computer Technician based in Greenville. I work full time for one company, but have recently started my own business in the evening hours (4:30-9pm) doing work on computers for homes and small businesses, as well as doing website design. I am A+ and CCNA Certified and have been in the business for about 8 years.

I am looking for a good way to advertise and get my name out there. I built a website for my neighborhood and this lead to a number of good leads. Much of my business has also come from word-of-mouth through friends, co-workers, and other customers.

Any suggestions? I won't post my business details in this forum without permission, as I know in many forums that is frowned upon... In the meantime, I am wide open to your ideas!

For the moderators: Thank you for the GREAT forum for this GREAT city!!

Best wishes to you,

Brady

Good Afternoon to All,

I have a question for you. I am a Computer Technician based in Greenville. I work full time for one company, but have recently started my own business in the evening hours (4:30-9pm) doing work on computers for homes and small businesses, as well as doing website design. I am A+ and CCNA Certified and have been in the business for about 8 years.

I am looking for a good way to advertise and get my name out there. I built a website for my neighborhood and this lead to a number of good leads. Much of my business has also come from word-of-mouth through friends, co-workers, and other customers.

Any suggestions? I won't post my business details in this forum without permission, as I know in many forums that is frowned upon... In the meantime, I am wide open to your ideas!

For the moderators: Thank you for the GREAT forum for this GREAT city!!

Best wishes to you,

Brady

I'm not a technologist myself, but I would recommend attending some www.gsatc.org events and benchmark some best practices of similar local companies.

Bradyg23, you are very close to breaking the rules of UrbanPlanet.org and may have to modify your post above, but I thank you for not giving any other business information. :thumbsup:

I would strongly suggest contacting the Chamber of Commerce about strategies to promote your business and networking with other professionals. I have found this to be one of the best methods yet, because they offer free professional "coaching" to help businesses sell themselves to others. ;)

Sorry for running afoul... I'm happy to edit my post in whatever way needed... Just let me know.

Thanks,

Brady

Bradyg23, you are very close to breaking the rules of UrbanPlanet.org and may have to modify your post above, but I thank you for not giving any other business information. :thumbsup:

I would strongly suggest contacting the Chamber of Commerce about strategies to promote your business and networking with other professionals. I have found this to be one of the best methods yet, because they offer free professional "coaching" to help businesses sell themselves to others. ;)

Don't you just hate when people give information about Greenville that is either outdated or completely wrong? I about fell off my chair after reading what this site says is near the Westin Poinsett in downtown. I was so surprised that I didn't know whether to slam my fist in anger or roll on the floor laughing. So many companies offer extremely flawed information services to inquisitive travelers. This one is up there with the worst, IMO. :angry::rofl::angry::rofl:

"Slugger Field..."

And here I thought they weren't in a hurry to sell naming rights to the ballpark...too bad there's already a Slugger Field in Louisville. :rofl:

Seriously though...this appears to be a cut/paste error on their part. They must have been copying the Louisville description:

"Slugger Field, Louisville Zoo, Churchill Downs and Cardinal Stadium"