Another Movie being filmed in Memphis

showtime21

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend told me a movie is being filmed in Memphis starring Samuel L. Jackson.

How did Memphis get so popular with the film makers?

I am excited about this because Memphis is a great city ....

The movie thats being filmed is "Black Snake Moan." Its another Craig Brewer film. Samuel L. Jackson, Justin Timberlake, and Christina Ricci are starring in it. They're using the Pyramid as a sound stage and shooting around town. Right now they're shooting in Stanton, TN but the first Grizzlies pre-season game was full of stars and movie execs. Pretty cool!

The movie thats being filmed is "Black Snake Moan." Its another Craig Brewer film. Samuel L. Jackson, Justin Timberlake, and Christina Ricci are starring in it. They're using the Pyramid as a sound stage and shooting around town. Right now they're shooting in Stanton, TN but the first Grizzlies pre-season game was full of stars and movie execs. Pretty cool!

This IS awesome news! I love Samuel L. Jackson. He's one of my favorite actors. Having spent the weekend in Memphis just last week, I can see how movie companies would like filming there. There is significant momentum for Memphis a movie filming location, and I hope it continues.

Justin Timberlake and Samuel L. Jackson are both Tennesseans so that might have something to do with it. They showed Jackson at the Grizzlies game and mentioned the movie. That's where I heard about it. Good news for Memphis! It's getting quite a bit of exposure lately.

Justin Timberlake and Samuel L. Jackson are both Tennesseans so that might have something to do with it. They showed Jackson at the Grizzlies game and mentioned the movie. That's where I heard about it. Good news for Memphis! It's getting quite a bit of exposure lately.

Is Jackson from the Chattanooga area?

I've read things about how Tennessee's main rival in the South for film-making is Louisiana because of the tax incentives and so on that LA doles out. TN gives breaks as well, but not on a par with Louisiana.

While I'm glad that Tennessee gets a lot of the film business, I guess it's the age-old question as to how much subsidies private business should get.

I know that Memphis gave free use of the Pyramid for 30 days.

I should add that the Johnny Cash bio, "I Walk the Line", comes out next month. It was filmed in Memphis as well.

I've read things about how Tennessee's main rival in the South for film-making is Louisiana because of the tax incentives and so on that LA doles out. TN gives breaks as well, but not on a par with Louisiana.

While I'm glad that Tennessee gets a lot of the film business, I guess it's the age-old question as to how much subsidies private business should get.

I know that Memphis gave free use of the Pyramid for 30 days.

I should add that the Johnny Cash bio, "I Walk the Line", comes out next month. It was filmed in Memphis as well.

Louisiana succeeded in luring the Elvis movie from Memphis, and I think both Louisiana and Georgia were serious contenders for Black Snake Moan. Without incentives, it will be difficult for Tennessee, and that means mainly Memphis for now, to compete with Louisiana.

I don't know a lot about Louisiana-filmed movies, but I believe they are building a number of sound stages. I sometimes hang out at hornetsreport.com, and they have a NO business board there. Also, I think Resident Evil was filmed there, I never saw it, but I hear they are building some sort of virtual theme park down there in conjunction with that. The movie making business can spawn a number of other opportunities, and Louisiana is beginning to tap into them.

I don't know a lot about Louisiana-filmed movies, but I believe they are building a number of sound stages. I sometimes hang out at hornetsreport.com, and they have a NO business board there. Also, I think Resident Evil was filmed there, I never saw it, but I hear they are building some sort of virtual theme park down there in conjunction with that. The movie making business can spawn a number of other opportunities, and Louisiana is beginning to tap into them.

^That is correct. There are sound stages being built all over New Orleans, along with the virtual theme park, and plans for tax cuts for video game producers have been in the works.

Many movies have been filmed in Greater Baton Rouge and Greater New Orleans recently. In fact, New Orleans has recieved the nickname "Hollywood South"

I'm glad to hear Memphis is doing well with the Movie Industry, it can be great for a city, in terms of money, national exposure, jobs, and new development in certain areas.

Archived