Book-Cadillac renovation deal nearly complete

detroitfan

All of the negetivity in the city of Detroit and in the suburbs is what makes the projects in the city go slower and slower. It is what led to all of the problems and keeps developers on their ass. People need to just let it ride. Just wait and see what happens instead of beotching about it before they even know what will happen. beotch afterward.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was a great article highlighting the reminder that one needs to have a great dose of skepticism when it comes to the city and developments such as these. I also found the fact that she was willing to admit she fell right in line last time refreshing. Especially coming from today's stock of journalists. I'm not saying things aren't going to get done, but let's not act as if things have suddenly gone "pleasantville" either. There are other pressing issues around the city.

WS

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Loan OK'd for Book Cadillac project

The Michigan State Housing Development Authority approved a loan to help finance the $175 million renovation of the Book Cadillac Hotel in downtown Detroit. Terms of the loan weren't disclosed. Plans call for the vacant hotel on Washington Boulevard to be turned into a 455-room Westin Hotel. The loan will be repaid with proceeds from the condominium sales.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0357/1003/METRO

God I love seeing this thread being booted up to the top. :D Hopefully in the near future we will be getting many more pages of discussion when the renovation starts. This is good that this loan has been approved because this just lowers the chances of this project being held back because of financing problems.

Archived