What's Missing in Northwest Arkansas?

Yeah but I guess people like Johnny have a hard time keeping up. That and hopefully we aren't making the other forumers from other parts of the state feel left out or overwhelmed.

I hope so too that we aren't overwhelming anyone. Yet development up here is overwhelming many of us also!!! :P

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, between everyone it's easier to keep up with everything that's going on. I've noticed you seem to hear about some that I miss.

I miss things all the time. Sometimes when I search for development in Rogers on some of the news sites I often find developments that startle me.

Back on to the forum's topic, I want to know your thoughts on car dealerships in the area. I think the time has come for NW Arkansas to get a Lexus and Mercedes-Benz Dealerships. Both of these dealerships would be widely accepted in the area due to Wal-Mart and such.

Any thoughts on what dealerships you would like to see in the area?

I miss things all the time. Sometimes when I search for development in Rogers on some of the news sites I often find developments that startle me.

Back on to the forum's topic, I want to know your thoughts on car dealerships in the area. I think the time has come for NW Arkansas to get a Lexus and Mercedes-Benz Dealerships. Both of these dealerships would be widely accepted in the area due to Wal-Mart and such.

Any thoughts on what dealerships you would like to see in the area?

I agree with you there I think both could do well here in northwest Arkansas. I'm not sure how some of these dealerships work. Do they tend to wait till a metro hits a certain level? Or just basically waiting for someone to getting around to putting one in whenever they feel it's worthwhile to them? It seems to me I've seen quite a few Jaguars here in Fayetteville for quite a while. Even something like a Mini might do well, I certainly see lots of those around too. I'm not sure how many cars these dealerships would need to sell to be successful around here.

I agree with you there I think both could do well here in northwest Arkansas. I'm not sure how some of these dealerships work. Do they tend to wait till a metro hits a certain level? Or just basically waiting for someone to getting around to putting one in whenever they feel it's worthwhile to them? It seems to me I've seen quite a few Jaguars here in Fayetteville for quite a while. Even something like a Mini might do well, I certainly see lots of those around too. I'm not sure how many cars these dealerships would need to sell to be successful around here.

There are quite a few Lexus and Merecedes in Benton County. I'm not sure about a Jaguar dealership, but a mini I think would do well.

Does VW have a dealership in Fayetteville. I think they would do well near a college.

There are quite a few Lexus and Merecedes in Benton County. I'm not sure about a Jaguar dealership, but a mini I think would do well.

Does VW have a dealership in Fayetteville. I think they would do well near a college.

You know I'm not positive but I don't think so. I think the only special ones that Fayetteville has basically that you don't always see is a Saturn and a Hummer. I'm not sure if Saturn dealerships are more common now than they were when it first came here.

I like the Hummer dealership and the Scion Dealerships out at Landers. I believe Landers is the biggest Auto-Park in the state. Are they doing any expansions that you know of?

Everytime I go by there, It always seems like a new building has been built.

They might already in the process or have already done it. They wanted to expand a while back ago but the city rejected their plans. But they upgraded their plans to fit the city councils wishes and they approved it. But they might have already done this. This was a little while back. I'm not positive if it is the biggest in the state but it's got to at least be second. I'm not sure if Little Rock has anything quite this big or not.

A mini dealership would go well in that area.

In the whole area, I think a Porsche Dealership would do well. Springfield has a Porsche Dealership, as well as Tulsa. With the sheer amount of wealth and growth, I think it would be well liked especially here in Benton County.

I hope the developer of a Rogers Auto-Park near I-540 seriouly considers dealerships like Cadillac, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, and Porsche. I don't want to see another Ford or Chevy Dealership.

A mini dealership would go well in that area.

In the whole area, I think a Porsche Dealership would do well. Springfield has a Porsche Dealership, as well as Tulsa. With the sheer amount of wealth and growth, I think it would be well liked especially here in Benton County.

I hope the developer of a Rogers Auto-Park near I-540 seriouly considers dealerships like Cadillac, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, and Porsche. I don't want to see another Ford or Chevy Dealership.

I didn't realize Porsche had a dealership in Springfield. You'd think if they could support one there they could do here also. Although I guess it would cut down the whole region the one in Springfield serves. But it would be nice to have more of what Tulsa and Springfield have here in our own backyard. Our metro has even passed up Springfield's now. The only disadvantage we have is that it's not a centralized as Springfield's.

That's true, but they do have a lot of growth spread out everywhere. I think it's only a matter of time before we become more centralized.

True, but I guess we are the newcomers and will have to wait. I can see how Springfield serves a wide region. If you suddenly put one in here not only does it cut their area we also won't necessarily have a wide region to work with also.

I saw some interesting news on KNWA today. A rabbi has moved to northwest Arkansas from Brooklyn to help serve the Jewish needs in the area. The report made it sound like there wasn't a synagogue in the area, but there is one here in Fayetteville so maybe they were referring to Benton County. But the rabbi had mentioned he knew Jewish people who had turned down jobs to here in northwest Arkansas because there wasn't much here to meet their needs. The rabbi also mentioned he hopes to correct that. So hopefully we'll have gotten rid of another reason for people not to move into there area here. This will also help increase cultural diversity in Benton County and northwest Arkansas. Matt I was going to ask you if there was a mosque there in Benton County, but I did a search and didn't find one there. So unless it's new it doesn't look like there's one there. We do have one here in Fayetteville not too far away from the university. Looks likes mosques also in Ft Smith, Jonesboro, Pine Bluff, and two in Little Rock.

I did a little research. Looks like Bentonville just got their synagogue about a month ago. It also looks like while there are 6 mosques in the state there are 11 synagogues and temples in Arkansas. Once again Little Rock had two and the rest are scattered throughout the state.

Continuing on my theme I decided to look for other religions in Arkansas. There doesn't appear to be any hindu temples anywhere in Arkansas that I could find. I found several sites that only listed on buddhist temple in Arkansas at Ft Smith. But I did finally find one that listed one for Little Rock too. This may sound odd but I was wondering if there was one in Eureka Springs. I've heard there's a small buddhist community there. If you look closely at some of the Victorian houses you can find some statues of Buddha amounst some of them. Anyone know of any major religions I'm missing?

They might already in the process or have already done it. They wanted to expand a while back ago but the city rejected their plans. But they upgraded their plans to fit the city councils wishes and they approved it. But they might have already done this. This was a little while back. I'm not positive if it is the biggest in the state but it's got to at least be second. I'm not sure if Little Rock has anything quite this big or not.

Landers is out of Benton, are they not? They have several locations all over Saline County and Pulaski County. They also have locations in Memphis and Mississippi, and are the largest Chrysler dealer in the world. They have huge locations on I-30 in Benton and Bryant, and I'd be surprised if their largest location wasn't in Saline County.

Landers is out of Benton, are they not? They have several locations all over Saline County and Pulaski County. They also have locations in Memphis and Mississippi, and are the largest Chrysler dealer in the world. They have huge locations on I-30 in Benton and Bryant, and I'd be surprised if their largest location wasn't in Saline County.

That may very well be true. I do know the one here in Fayetteville is very large but I wasn't sure what they had in central Arkansas. But it seemed like I had heard something about it either being the biggest in area or perhaps biggest in sales. But I can't recall where I heard this. But either way I figure the one here in Fayetteville is probably second if not biggest in the state.

Landers is part of United Auto Group of Bloomfield Hills, MI . Steve Landers who started Landers does have a dealership in LR that is not part of the Group.

One thing northwest Arkansas may need is another location to supply electricity. Beaver Lake is at it's lowest levels in about 20 years. Old towns like Monte Ne are reappearing again. Obviously as this area grows there will be more water consuption but if you take a look at Beaver Lake it's pretty big so where is all the water going? Beton County's water restrictions are based more on their piping. The pipes aren't big enough to bring in enough water to meet the increasing demand. It's been a dry year but it hasn't been one of the worst here in northwest Arkansas. More and more water is being used to produce electricity at the dam. Especially because of increase use during the summer. Not only do we have more people in the area, with warmer average tempuratures people are using their air conditioners more too. There is a small coal burning generating plant somewhere in northwest Arkansas. I'm not positive on it's location. But I'm not sure if it could meet demands either if we had to restrict Beaver Dam's use. So do we expand the coal powered generator? Coal isn't the greatest fuel to burn, it produces a lot of pollution. I'm not sure how well that would sit with people in this area. Oil and natural gas prices have been increasing and probably aren't going to provide very cheap electricity in the future either. And what about alternative sources like solar and wind. While it might work well on very small levels I don't think we are situated to take good advantage of either. I have noticed that one city in western Oklahoma and one city in eastern New Mexico have put in around 75 to 100 'windmills' since my last visit out west. But both of those areas are treeless areas that get a lot more wind than us. Another problem I see with wind power is that we get most of our wind when consumption of electricity isn't as high. There usually isn't much wind in the summer when it's mostly used. I suppose looking at it that way solar would work better. It would be more useful in the summertime when it's more likely to be sunny and there are longer days. But it obviously itsn't going to be very useful many other times of the year. I don't think a solar power plant is very cheap either and considering you'd mainly just be using it part of the year. I'm also not sure if people would accept another dam in the area. I think many people believe there are enough as it is. I think most of us know the big fight in the 70's to prevent the Buffalo River from being dammed. So anyone have any suggestions or comments?

First, I remember somebody saying we didn't have a mercedes dealership. I'm pretty sure that dealership in Fayetteville also sells Mercedes.

Anyway, The coal plant you mentioned is in Gentry. I used to go to school there because my mother is a teacher there. I think that plant is responsible for most of our electricity.

As for electricity, I'm not sure if that's really a big problem right now. If we needed to expand, I'm sure the Gentry plant could be expanded. I doubt they'd build a nuclear plant sinec I don't think they make new ones any more. But for those who didn't know, there is a nuclear reactor in NWark. It just hasn't been used in a long time, and probably shouldn't be.

I saw some interesting news on KNWA today. A rabbi has moved to northwest Arkansas from Brooklyn to help serve the Jewish needs in the area. The report made it sound like there wasn't a synagogue in the area, but there is one here in Fayetteville so maybe they were referring to Benton County. But the rabbi had mentioned he knew Jewish people who had turned down jobs to here in northwest Arkansas because there wasn't much here to meet their needs. The rabbi also mentioned he hopes to correct that. So hopefully we'll have gotten rid of another reason for people not to move into there area here. This will also help increase cultural diversity in Benton County and northwest Arkansas. Matt I was going to ask you if there was a mosque there in Benton County, but I did a search and didn't find one there. So unless it's new it doesn't look like there's one there. We do have one here in Fayetteville not too far away from the university. Looks likes mosques also in Ft Smith, Jonesboro, Pine Bluff, and two in Little Rock.

Yeah, Bentonville has a synagogue and it does pretty well. At Wal-Mart, we have expanded a lot of Jewish foods into the NW Arkansas Wal-Marts. The new Supercenter has the biggest selection I think.

A mosque is needed in the area. We have quite a bit of middle-easterners up here in Benton County who work for Wal-Mart.

I thought I remembered hearing about a buddhist temple opening up here a little while back. I think it opened in Springdale, but I'm not sure.

We do have piping issues here in Benton County, but Bentonville is building a pipe that should be twice the width of Rogers existing one and should be done in a few years. Bentonville relies on Rogers's, so this will help with future growth and allow Rogers to get off water restrictions.

First, I remember somebody saying we didn't have a mercedes dealership. I'm pretty sure that dealership in Fayetteville also sells Mercedes.

Anyway, The coal plant you mentioned is in Gentry. I used to go to school there because my mother is a teacher there. I think that plant is responsible for most of our electricity.

As for electricity, I'm not sure if that's really a big problem right now. If we needed to expand, I'm sure the Gentry plant could be expanded. I doubt they'd build a nuclear plant sinec I don't think they make new ones any more. But for those who didn't know, there is a nuclear reactor in NWark. It just hasn't been used in a long time, and probably shouldn't be.

Yeah I have heard about that. From what I heard it's not in good shape. But I don't think they'll try building a nuclear reactor around here.

Yeah, Bentonville has a synagogue and it does pretty well. At Wal-Mart, we have expanded a lot of Jewish foods into the NW Arkansas Wal-Marts. The new Supercenter has the biggest selection I think.

A mosque is needed in the area. We have quite a bit of middle-easterners up here in Benton County who work for Wal-Mart.

I thought I remembered hearing about a buddhist temple opening up here a little while back. I think it opened in Springdale, but I'm not sure.

We do have piping issues here in Benton County, but Bentonville is building a pipe that should be twice the width of Rogers existing one and should be done in a few years. Bentonville relies on Rogers's, so this will help with future growth and allow Rogers to get off water restrictions.

It could be possible about a buddhist temple in Springdale. But I couldn't find any signs on the internet of a buddhist temple anywhere here in northwest Arkansas.

Since we have been speaking about not your everyday dealerships I noticed Little Rock is the first to get one in the state of Arkansas. Although it's not cars or trucks, it's Vespas. Little Rock has landed a Vespa dealership. I could sorta see something like this catching on in Fayetteville. Not sure if they'd catch on anywhere else in northwest Arkansas though.

Since we have been speaking about not your everyday dealerships I noticed Little Rock is the first to get one in the state of Arkansas. Although it's not cars or trucks, it's Vespas. Little Rock has landed a Vespa dealership. I could sorta see something like this catching on in Fayetteville. Not sure if they'd catch on anywhere else in northwest Arkansas though.

Is that a moped kind of dealership?

I think I have heard of them, but not sure.

NWA doesn't have a Land Rover/Jag dealership, do they?

A lot of people were talking about mosques, Hindu temples, etc. The main reason Little Rock has all of thse is because of UAMS and the large medical community - a huge chunk of the physicians and researchers are Middle Eastern or Indian. There are actually two mosques, one largely frequented by American blacks and the other by immigrant Middle Easterners and Pakistanis.

Archived