Bars | Clubz

Florida

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playboy voted us the number one party school and i think that tennessee strip had a ton to do with it. In my years working in radio, i have been to nearly all the clubs and bars. My favorite was the old CPA on park... good old days.

I am a big fan of multiple clubs in one... and tallahassee has a few of those to choose from. Its always nice to hang in floyd's with all the options. And in the same since, u can still find a chill crowd in a more mature bullwinkles just a few doors down. I think the tennessee strip desserves an urbanly desing P. Garage for the designated drivers to park (sarcasm).

im a big fan of Yianni's on the Tenn. Strip. Mostly my kind of people. Off the strip, Cafe Cabernet and Clydes and Costello's are my favorite.

I thought Yianni's was a music store. I didn't know that was a bar. Like I said, I've never been to a club or a bar. What are your type of people, Go Gators?

Anyone ever do the clubs on Gaines like Late Night Library, or some of those warehouses?

Floyds is a "music store", in the sense that it hosts concerts there. Other than that, it is a bar. You should go to one some night. I dont drink a lot myself, but its nice to go out with friends and listen to bands and whatever.

By my type of people, I meant it is a "fratty" place. Sorry, I see how that could have possibly been taken in a bad way.

Four shots were fired at Heritage Grove last thurseday... its on Wctv's site. so if that is any indication...lol. It looks nice sitting on that hill, if seen from tharpe or high. i remember the trees.

potbellies went country didnt it?

I used to go to late night alot, i kidna miss it. i had a lot of fantastically sexy memories of that spot. The warehouse on gaines has a jazz night i chekced out one time. It is just that though, a warehouse. kinda out in the weather of the season, so onbvisuly awsome right now.

cafe cabernet and clydes... nice

The names may have changed since I was in school, but I've gone to the Moon, Bullwinkles, The Garden and some clubs & bars on Gaines that I can't remember the name of. During football season AJ's & BW3, on Pensacola, were some of my top spots to hangout on the weekends. Other than the sports bars, to me they were all about the same, featuring loud music, drunk half naked girls, lots of dancing, drinking and dim lights. However, the warehouse clubs tended to get hotter and stuffier than the others.

The names may have changed since I was in school, but I've gone to the Moon, Bullwinkles, The Garden and some clubs & bars on Gaines that I can't remember the name of. During football season AJ's & BW3, on Pensacola, were some of my top spots to hangout on the weekends. Other than the sports bars, to me they were all about the same, featuring loud music, drunk half naked girls, lots of dancing, drinking and dim lights. However, the warehouse clubs tended to get hotter and stuffier than the others.

I've heard of the The Garden but I've never seen it. Does it go by several names? Does it have signage?

AJ's is always a good time. I still dig the indian huka bar by the cheap theatre for those real chill nights. sometimes they have dancers! sexy!

Indian huka bar!? Where?! I'm missing out on alot I guess!

Four shots were fired at Heritage Grove last thurseday... its on Wctv's site. so if that is any indication...lol. It looks nice sitting on that hill, if seen from tharpe or high. i remember the trees.

potbellies went country didnt it?

I hear this story on the news. Says 4 shots fired into the air, no one was injured. But it is disturbing that people are wondering around after getting drunk at a bar with a hand gun. I'm just glad I wasn't on the streets.

I've heard of the The Garden but I've never seen it. Does it go by several names? Does it have signage?

Indian huka bar!? Where?! I'm missing out on alot I guess!

Theres one (a hookah bar) across from campus behind Moe's and next to Momo's where the cell phone place used to be and there's one opening in the little plaza next to the Silver Slipper. As far as bars I normally frequent, BW3's, AJ's, Pockets, & the 4'th Quarter are more my speed (note the theme here)

LOL! I guess I was picturing the right thing!

Why do people hang out at these worn, torn, rusty places?

because some of the oldest grungiest places, have the most character, and have a well established audience... people probably have been going there for years and so thats where they chill... Any renovations would destroy the atmosphere...

Im gonna go ahead and add Finnigan's Wake to my list of favorites. Its in the new Manor at Midtown on 5th and Thomasville Rd. (I believe). Its an irish type bar. It attracts locals as well as an older crowd. Not a typical college bar, although I think it will become one when it is talked about more and more. Would highly reccomend it.

Archived