Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida

Bars | Clubz

Is there actaully a garden in the middle of this club?I heard rumours from my highschool friends that there is a garden that sits in the middle of this.

No, I don't remember anything in the middle of the place, other than the dance floor.

Im gonna go ahead and add Finnigan's Wake to my list of favorites. Its in the new Manor at Midtown on 5th and Thomasville Rd. (I believe). Its an irish type bar. It attracts locals as well as an older crowd. Not a typical college bar, although I think it will become one when it is talked about more and more. Would highly reccomend it.

But is it drawing people away from the Leon Pub???

Now where is the Leon Pub... everyone is throwing out all of these different places now! This is good!

Now where is the Leon Pub... everyone is throwing out all of these different places now! This is good!

It's on 6'th street just east of Monore, behind the Dunkin Donuts

I didn't know there were any clubs on 6th. I've driven down that road many times and it always looks to be medical offices, and historic homes.

I need to take my time next time I'm over there.

Haha...well, lets just say we walked into Leon's the night we went to Finnigans Wake, then walked right out!!

Haha...well, lets just say we walked into Leon's the night we went to Finnigans Wake, then walked right out!!

lol :lol:

What made you walk out?

I didn't know there were any clubs on 6th. I've driven down that road many times and it always looks to be medical offices, and historic homes.

I need to take my time next time I'm over there.

It's a hole in the wall that's easy to miss

Well they arent "clubs." Theyre actual bars only, and they arent trying to appeal to the college crowd, which I particularly like. You dont have to worry about immature, irresponsible college student binging at these places.

Its at the Manor @ Midtown off Thomasville and 6th

You guys are talkin' about my neighborhood. Leon Pub is on 6th (one-way east) between Monroe and T'ville Rd. It is a very small place behind what use to be Dunkin Donuts, now known as Simply Delicious.

Finnegan's is at Midtown Manor (old Rhodes Furniture bldg) but that is the corner of T'ville Rd. and 5th. I think that is a terrific use for an old building.

Finnegan's is at Midtown Manor (old Rhodes Furniture bldg) but that is the corner of T'ville Rd. and 5th. I think that is a terrific use for an old building.

Yea, T'ville and 5th is what I said! lol ;)

Oh ok... I've been meaning to get over and check out Midtown at the Manor. I think that is an awesome use of the facility. It would be nice if Scan Haus or some other funky furniture store could move in.

You guys are talkin' about my neighborhood. Leon Pub is on 6th (one-way east) between Monroe and T'ville Rd. It is a very small place behind what use to be Dunkin Donuts, now known as Simply Delicious.

:blink: I remember seeing that little hole in the wall club around that way. It is easy to miss.

Definitely. The hole-in-the-wall eating places, they have better food than most of the chains, and the owners give you enough food for 3 days, at a resonable price.

You think!? From my experiences with "Holes" it seems they've been a little skimpy with the portions... The Seafood Place I love to go to at the Junction of Tharpe and Blountstown gives exactly 6 shrimp each time. I always pray they'll give me more, but they never do.