Graffiti in Charlotte

A2

A lot of demolition work going on now at the Mall itself. Went by around 10:00 this morning. It looks as though they are dismantling the parking deck connected to midtown. This is Awesome. On a side note someone painted in huge letters "POWER WOLF" alongside the side of the vacant mall.

A2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of demolition work going on now at the Mall itself. Went by around 10:00 this morning. It looks as though they are dismantling the parking deck connected to midtown. This is Awesome. On a side note someone painted in huge letters "POWER WOLF" alongside the side of the vacant mall.

A2

iirc, the same thing--or at least something about a wolf--was painted on the Levine building at 8th and Brevard on the side facing 8th. There was something else (I don't remember what) painted on the Brevard side.

Maybe that serial grafitti artist from DC found his way down here.

there is also similar vandalism on the building across from the arena at brevard and trade on the caldwell side.

it is a bit creepy and twelve monkeyish.

what the heck is going on?

can they even get it off the brick buildings?

i don't see anything about it in the news

POWER WOLF was sprayed onto the side of the stone or concrete wall under the tyvola bridge on 77 south.. Just happened to be driving past there on 77, and right under the bridge on the wall on the right, in big red spray painted letters is POWER WOLF. I also the same words in yellow spray paint on a building near the arena.....we DO have a serial graffi artist. Although I think the whole thing is just stupid.....to damage public and private property.

um... this isn't art. the graffiti artists like banksy create interesting and attractive art that makes a statement and makes the viewer think about something.

tagging is just destructive behavior that destroys property and teaches nothing to the viewers.

POWER WOLF was sprayed onto the side of the stone or concrete wall under the tyvola bridge on 77 south.. Just happened to be driving past there on 77, and right under the bridge on the wall on the right, in big red spray painted letters is POWER WOLF. I also the same words in yellow spray paint on a building near the arena.....we DO have a serial graffi artist. Although I think the whole thing is just stupid.....to damage public and private property.

Haven't you guys heard of "tagging". It's usually graffiti done by teenage males from the suburbs, who come into the city at night and leave their mark. They make a game or competition out of it. Losers.

http://www.workoutltd.org/tag_graffiti/taggigngraffiti.htm

Sorry to keep you off the Midtown topic. ;)

what the heck is going on?

can they even get it off the brick buildings?

i don't see anything about it in the news

Yes, they can get it off with high pressure water but repeated removals is bad for the brickwork.

I assume the local news doesn't consider it to be a big enough deal to report on given the market they target here. I was told once, by a news director of one of the TV stations here, that if she was doing her job properly, the news should appeal to those with an eighth grade level of education. This was in response to a question that I had about the news being so juvenile here compared to that found in larger cities up North.

Graffitti in Charlotte is almost always a mark of gang activity.

I assume the local news doesn't consider it to be a big enough deal to report on given the market they target here. I was told once, by a news director of one of the TV stations here, that if she was doing her job properly, the news should appeal to those with an eighth grade level of education. This was in response to a question that I had about the news being so juvenile here compared to that found in larger cities up North.

Really? That is what it really seems like. Our news media is pretty bad; there is great opportunity for someone to come in and take it by storm.

Well besides the "Trust Jesus" graffiti I see on almost every support column on I-85, Charlotte really doesn't seem to have a problem.

Before Carpe Diem moved to Trade Street, the buildings that stood at Brevard and Trade had the funniest graffiti I've ever seen in Charlotte. The original "artist" had spray painted "DESTROY CORPERATE GREED" on the rear of the building (seen from Brevard). An English teacher with a sense of humor and a can of red spray paint came along and circled "CORPERATE" and wrote "SP -10".

It's quite ironic that the sponsored ads for this forum were just:

Graffiti one-stop shop

All euro paint, caps, markers

By writers for writers

Graffiti Supplies

Buy spray paint caps, Meanstreaks, Marsh ink, Ultra Wide, Uni, Pilot

that isn't ironic, it is planned that way. Google uses targeted ads/banners, based on the text of the page. The same way that if you email someone about graffiti you will see those ads in the gmail banners.

It's quite ironic that the sponsored ads for this forum were just:

Graffiti one-stop shop

All euro paint, caps, markers

By writers for writers

Graffiti Supplies

Buy spray paint caps, Meanstreaks, Marsh ink, Ultra Wide, Uni, Pilot

lol, or Neo is our culprit....

:P

that isn't ironic, it is planned that way. Google uses targeted ads/banners, based on the text of the page. The same way that if you email someone about graffiti you will see those ads in the gmail banners.

well duh, but it doesn't make it any less ironic that people are beotching about how awful graffitti is and these ads are trying to sell us "meanstreaks." Talk about targeting the wrong people. Just because they are "planned that way," doesn't mean they are accurate.

well duh, but it doesn't make it any less ironic that people are beotching about how awful graffitti is and these ads are trying to sell us "meanstreaks." Talk about targeting the wrong people. Just because they are "planned that way," doesn't mean they are accurate.

the ads are a result of google adsense, a software that will scan the text on the site and put up RELEVANT ads.

i

Archived