Graffiti in Charlotte

A2

My wife said "Power Wolf" was also on the Midtown building.

Pretty lame, if you ask me. I mean, Power Wolf?. That kind of faux machismo ain't impressing anybody. Might as well spray-paint "Daddy never hugged me" all over town.

this is getting out of control. there's only one thing that can stop him... THUNDER BEAR!

seriously, it is unfortunate i guess, that graffiti is just a growing pain in the urban landscape. i remember being in vancouver in '86 (i was 11) and being impacted by the graffiti there. here was this cool, fast growing, clean metropolis with graffiti (which has undertones of unrest)... in some juvenile way, i thought it was cool. of course the grafitti there was usually political, and though it could be debated, seemed more purposeful than POWER WOLF.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WBTV had a report about all this Power Wolf and Move Riot graffetti. The police don't think it is gang related. They say that due to the height of the letters (some of them 20ft tall) it has to be someone with professional paint equipment. In other words a lonely teenager with a spray paint can could not have done it.

I never really thought it was gang related. The whole "power wolf" thing is so cheesy. It sounds like a video game name. This is probably some loser's screen name when he plays first person shooters all night and hits the bong. I really hope they catch this guy in the act. I wonder how much money it has cost all these people to repair the property damage caused by this moron. I hope he eventually gets "tagged" with a huge repair bill.

Ya know, that really isnt that bad. I've seen some ugly grafatti in my day.

yeah (although note that those photos were after initial cleanup efforts), but those are some of our few remaining old/historic buildings downtown, and they will be permanently scarred.

wow look at the height of the car compared to the height of the graffiti, that is definately not a kid, makes me wonder what exactly power wolf is, looks like a bad band has a hardcore fan, gonna find their music online.

here is a list of their newly released album, Return in bloodred

Return in Bloodred

1. Mr. Sinister

2. We came to take your souls

3. Kiss of the cobra king

4. Black mass hysteria

5. Demons & Diamonds

6. Montecore

9. The evil made me do it

8. Lucifer in starlight

9. Son of the morning star

InSpIring........

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if graffiti is again becoming a growing problem in other cities after it seems like it had been in retreat.

I recently got back from a trip to NYC and went back to my old 'hood. OK I lived in an area that was filmed in Coming to America with Eddie Murphy. My house was right behind the "McDowell's" restaurant where he worked in the movie (which is actually a Wendy's now). Anyway, that area, like much of NYC, was just obliterated with graffiti from the "dark" period of the early 70s through the late 80s. Then when the Giuliani renaissance took shape, he used the "broken window" theory to help the city clean up this eyesore.

Anyway, it's back with a vengance. The graffiti was all over the place - it was kinda sad. I'm guessing most was the work of punk teenagers. It didn't look very professional. :-)

There's some truly huge grafitti on the future rail corridor. There is a gradual cement embankment, (just south of Tyvola) where somebody must have rapelled off the side and climbed up and down it... Or a couple of people.

It reads "EMBRACE THE END" (Damn, the south rail isn't even open yet and it's already being tagged.)

Archived