Fort Smith, AR

Aporkalypse

Central Mall and McCain both claim to be the largest enclosed mall. Central has 860k SF but I think they are counting outlying buildings, McCain 731k SF without any outliers.

People don't realize it but Park Plaza is probably the largest mall in the state in actuality. If you count the two Dillard's stores it is 850k without outbuildings. On lists, though, the Dillard's stores are counted differently as they are owned by Dillard's while the mall is not, so it is only listed at 550k SF. These numbers are all pre-renovation, I think the square footage increased some after the renovation last year.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central Mall and McCain both claim to be the largest enclosed mall. Central has 860k SF but I think they are counting outlying buildings, McCain 731k SF without any outliers.

People don't realize it but Park Plaza is probably the largest mall in the state in actuality. If you count the two Dillard's stores it is 850k without outbuildings. On lists, though, the Dillard's stores are counted differently as they are owned by Dillard's while the mall is not, so it is only listed at 550k SF. These numbers are all pre-renovation, I think the square footage increased some after the renovation last year.

Edited by bchris02

And regarding Summit, if Park Plaza is 850k including the Dillard's, add 1 or 2 more anchors (most likely JC Penney and Sears) would put it at the proposed 1-1.2 million square feet or so, and all we would have gained as a city is the psycological effect of having one central go-to development instead of the scattered lifestyle centers we are seeing built now.

I had never heard the Dillard's weren't counted in the actual square footage of the mall. Are you sure about that?

And regarding Summit, if Park Plaza is 850k including the Dillard's, add 1 or 2 more anchors (most likely JC Penney and Sears) would put it at the proposed 1-1.2 million square feet or so, and all we would have gained as a city is the psycological effect of having one central go-to development instead of the scattered lifestyle centers we are seeing built now.

I had never heard the Dillard's weren't counted in the actual square footage of the mall. Are you sure about that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Furrs Fresh Food Buffet. Kind of like Ryans and Golden Corral. These types of restaurants do well in Ft Smith. Also a lot of activity on Phoenix between 74th and Massard with new hotels and a new hospital. best buy has announced it will move from it's current location by Fridays to the new Target location along Phoenix.
Edited by bchris02

Anyone know what retailers are going to located next to the Kelly Highway supercenter?

The only restaurant I can confirm is McDonald's.

Seems like the river city is seeing a lot of of developments lately. I know the new VW Dealership is getting closer to being finished off of Zero.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, so far I can confirm a few stores for the Target shopping center.

Lane Bryant, Michael's, Old Navy, Shoe Carnival, and Books-A-Million. Then Hastings in going to be moving up into the old Michael's building across from the mall...

Seem's like resturuant row is lossing more shopping stores to other areas of town.

• 2 months later...

Looks like things are starting to look good at the Pavilion Shopping Center.

Fort Smith is getting a first for Arkansas, an Ulta Beauty.

The list of stores I can confirm so far are

Target

Best Buy

Lane Bryant

Ulta

Bed Bath & Beyond

Michael's

Shoe Carnival

Books-A-Million

Old Navy

Belk's

Cheddar's Casual Cafe