Stones River Mall Expansion

Relient J

Here is the link to an article in The Tennesseean relating to the expansion planned for the Stones River Mall in Murfreesboro:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...3/1353/COUNTY07

Unfortunately there's little concrete information in the article, but it does help give insight into the reasoning behind the expansion and what, in general terms, we will eventually have there.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the tremendous growth taking place in Rutherford county and Murfreesboro, it's inevitable that much more retail will be built in the area. This retail project will be followed, IMO, by many others in the near future. I wonder what effect this will have on shopping in Nashville, especially the Hickory Hollow area.

I remember while I was living in the Antioch area a few years ago near the Old Hickory Blvd I-24 Exit, there was talk of a four lane extension of the Sam Ridley Parkway being built thru Nolensville and tying into Cool Springs Boulevard. I think this road would have a huge impact on the area, and would bring these two growth areas (Rutherford & Williamson Counties) together in very profound ways. Does anyone know if this road is still going to be built?

I remember while I was living in the Antioch area a few years ago near the Old Hickory Blvd I-24 Exit, there was talk of a four lane extension of the Sam Ridley Parkway being built thru Nolensville and tying into Cool Springs Boulevard. I think this road would have a huge impact on the area, and would bring these two growth areas (Rutherford & Williamson Counties) together in very profound ways. Does anyone know if this road is still going to be built?

As far as I know, no. It has not been mentioned in the states transportation plan. I DO know that highway 96 in Murfreesboro (Old Fort Parkway) is slated to be widened to four lanes from Murf-Vegas to Franklin in the future.

Archived