Pictures of Fayetteville

Okay now it's time to move on to the Washington-Willow Historic District. I believe this area has the oldest houses in northwest Arkansas. Washington and Willow are two parallel streets that also run parallel east of College Ave. I'll start off with the ones on or near Washington St. Also an area that seems to be all wood houses unlike other areas that also have a number of stone houses. You can see the next to last house being restored.

img36227jl.jpg

img36243hh.jpg

img36278wt.jpg

img36258rk.jpg

img36283cy.jpg

img36294hi.jpg

img36305bu.jpg

img36311xm.jpg

img36337fy.jpg

img36342mv.jpg

img36380zy.jpg

img36398ud.jpg

img36405pj.jpg

img36414nk.jpg

img36428cp.jpg

img36439vt.jpg

img36441bs.jpg

img36456lr.jpg

img36467ht.jpg

img36496dm.jpg

img36502qp.jpg

img36517uq.jpg

img36543ri.jpg

img36577pb.jpg

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay time for some more pics. These are more or less on Willow St or near it. There's also some fall foliage pics mixed in as well. Fall in the Ozarks, what a great time of year. Beautiful foliage and cooler temperatures. Okay usually cooler temperatures.

img36584wh.jpg

img36614ba.jpg

img36622fg.jpg

img36641xu.jpg

img36658uu.jpg

img36664vm.jpg

img36681rt.jpg

img36695ag.jpg

img36709wn.jpg

img36711mm.jpg

img36758qn.jpg

img36762ye.jpg

img36792ua.jpg

img36806lq.jpg

img36827sn.jpg

img36841po.jpg

img36856wh.jpg

img36868ye.jpg

img36876ik.jpg

img36930po.jpg

img36992jz.jpg

img37003nj.jpg

img37015da.jpg

img37031ql.jpg

img37044te.jpg

img37057zq.jpg

img37060vl.jpg

I can't believe you've taken this many pictures of Fayetteville!!

Simply incredible!

I can't believe you responded so quickly. I had just posted that. Yeah I guess photography is a bit of a hobby of mine. This really gives me an excuse to not be so lazy and get out and take some pics. I ended up missing most of the best times to take fall foliage the past couple of years. I think I spent around 4 hours today going to different areas. And there's still more to come.

I can't believe you responded so quickly. I had just posted that. Yeah I guess photography is a bit of a hobby of mine. This really gives me an excuse to not be so lazy and get out and take some pics. I ended up missing most of the best times to take fall foliage the past couple of years. I think I spent around 4 hours today going to different areas. And there's still more to come.

I did check out your newly pictures, just to let you know :thumbsup: .

I've never seen a community on Urban planet so fibrantly shown the way you have shown Fayetteville. I guess now I appreciate Fayetteville a little bit more after seeing all of these pictures.

I did check out your newly pictures, just to let you know :thumbsup: .

I've never seen a community on Urban planet so fibrantly shown the way you have shown Fayetteville. I guess now I appreciate Fayetteville a little bit more after seeing all of these pictures.

I was hoping to give people a good look at Fayetteville. Especially people who aren't familiar with it or even Arkansas. Although I'm wondering if I'm going to run out of things to take pics of. Or will be left with areas that won't be of any particular interest. Hopefully I'll also eventually start branching out and take some pics away from Fayetteville. Although I do have some future ideas for Fayetteville pics in the future. Although some will have to wait for certain times of the year. But anyway I'm glad that you enjoy them and I do hope this gives people a good look at Fayetteville. Maybe I should be an honerary member of the Fayetteville Tourist and Promotional Board. :P

Wow (said with my best Ben Stein impression)

Good to see some color in those trees. The trees are just starting to turn in Conway.

Yeah a somewhat lackluster fall suddenly turned when we got that rain on Sunday and Monday. I really think that made a big difference. The color change was dramatic after that.

I was hoping to give people a good look at Fayetteville. Especially people who aren't familiar with it or even Arkansas. Although I'm wondering if I'm going to run out of things to take pics of. Or will be left with areas that won't be of any particular interest. Hopefully I'll also eventually start branching out and take some pics away from Fayetteville. Although I do have some future ideas for Fayetteville pics in the future. Although some will have to wait for certain times of the year. But anyway I'm glad that you enjoy them and I do hope this gives people a good look at Fayetteville. Maybe I should be an honerary member of the Fayetteville Tourist and Promotional Board. :P

Yeah a somewhat lackluster fall suddenly turned when we got that rain on Sunday and Monday. I really think that made a big difference. The color change was dramatic after that.

You should try and sell some of those to the tourist board.

Were are right at peak currently.

Infront of the Rogers Public Library is about 30 gorgeous maples all golden yellow and bright orange with some red. Curse my Broken Camera!! :P

Yeah that's a shame. Until today I hadn't seen much yellow so far this season. Just mainly red and orange. But it's a nice change from the fall foliage out in New Mexico where I have family. The aspen and cottonwood trees are a great shade of yellow. But you don't get to see much else than that.

Okay a few more pics before I move on to another area. I took some more of Headquarters House. Techincally it's a bit away from Washington and Willow Streets. There might be a bit more color this time though. I did learn that both the Union and Confederates troops used this house as their headquarters at different times during the Civil War. Although I'm still trying to figure out if it is the oldest house in Fayetteville and the area. The other pics are views from the Washington County Courthouse parking lot looking east to Mt Sequoyah.

img37075qa.jpg

img37081jd.jpg

img37105qs.jpg

img37115hy.jpg

img37123df.jpg

img37136de.jpg

Okay on to Wilson Park. Located more centrally in the city, probably the most popular park in the whole city. While Gulley Park is big and has some nice wide open spaces, Wilson Park has more to do. It has a bigger playground for the kids. It also has a pool and tennis courts. It's also located in a nice area. It's a historic district too, although the houses aren't as old as the other historic districts. I think most of the houses are from the 30's and 40's. The first couple of pics are of Scull Creek which runs through Wilson Park. It's also the same creek I took pics of along the trail system when I was near the Fayetteville Public Library. I also really like the corner of the park with the fountain and pool (not the swimming pool I referred to earlier). Some of the design in that area really reminds me of Antonio Gaudi of Spain. I've been wondering if this was done by someone inspired by him. I would think it too much of a coincidence. Gaudi happens to be one of my favorite architects so I find it interesting to have a little area in my city that reminds me of his style. I just liked the look of the branches on the last pic.

img37149jn.jpg

img37152ba.jpg

img37167az.jpg

img37177bz.jpg

img37558xo.jpg

img37709av.jpg

img37717vf.jpg

img37740im.jpg

img37760du.jpg

img37778bq.jpg

img37967rp.jpg

img37977xu.jpg

img37983ii.jpg

img38005yw.jpg

img38027xs.jpg

img38034qn.jpg

img38044nx.jpg

Just one more group of pics to go.

Okay just a few more pics, and guess what it is. More foliage pics. Yeah I know I'm probably overloading everyone on fall foliage but when the dull and drab gray and brown of winter comes you'll appreciate it better. Then again I know some of the other areas of the state have pine trees so I guess some of you will have some green for winter also. These were taken just across the street from Wilson Park, to the north I believe.

img37793js.jpg

img37822aj.jpg

img37859el.jpg

img37890kk.jpg

img37938ur.jpg

img37948ic.jpg

img37951dg.jpg

Okay that's it for now. Not sure if I'll take anymore over the weekend. If if the weather isn't as bad as they're predicting it's also homecoming for the Razorbacks so it will be hard to get around with all the extra people in the city. Let's see I still have to try to take some pics of James Lambeth works, if I can find them. Anything else that anyone wants to request?

How many acres is Wilson's Park?

I haven't been there before, but it looks like a park with an urban setting.

To be honest I'm not sure, but it is set in an older part of the city. It's not a new park or anything for certain. Like I said the area is a historic district. Although the houses aren't anywhere as old as the Mount Nord or Washington-Willow Historic Districts. But it really is a nice park.

Not sure where to mention this. But I have mentioned weather on here earlier so I'll post it here. I've noticed northwest Arkansas being unusually warmer than most of the state recently. I think it has to do with the strong southwest winds we've been getting. This seems to happen when we get winds from that direction, but I've never gotten an 'official' explanation as to why. What I'm guessing is that it's something like what happens at the Rockies. Although much smaller when air travels over the Boston Mtns it contracts because of the smaller space. Then when it gets over the Boston Mtns and reaches northwest Arkansas it expands. Cooler air for contraction, warmer air for expansion. Does this make sense to anyone? Anyone else have any explanation for it or is my theory actually correct?

I like to medium size, because it seems to fit perfectly on my screen.

Large is fine though.

The first smaller pics I posted is the smallest size my camera goes. The ones I've been posting lately are a medium size. I actually prefer the largest size for my own personal pics that I take. But I have a high resolution set for my screen also. I wasn't sure what everyone else might be using though. I had considered reposting a few of the better pics in the larger size I've been using lately. But maybe the other size is good enough.

Just in case anyone is interested in seeing some fall foliage pics of my vacation out west here's some aspens pics around Elk Mtn in New Mexico over in the pics section of UP.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17793

Here's some more foliage pics from the same trip but from southwest Colorado.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17795

I'm a bit disappointed, I had forgotten I had taken some pics of Fayetteville last winter when I first got the camera. But I haven't been able to find where I've put that cd. But I did manage to find an older pic I took of Old Main earlier in the year before the new clock was being installed.

oldmain0529049jz.jpg

Yes I actually went and took more pics today. But if anyone is getting tired of all my pics I guess they will just stop looking. There may be some repeats, I am now mainly posting pics a little bigger than I was before. Since I was already in certain areas I went ahead and retook some pictures, although I tried to do some from different angles and such. They will be posted after I get them all uploaded.

Archived