Pictures of Fayetteville

Jusat one more thing I'd like to add about Mt Sequoyah. I really wish they'd put a small tower over there by the cross. About the only time you get to see much of the city is when all the leaves are gone for winter. It would be a nice place for some sightseeing. It doesn't even have to be anything big or fancy. Of course that would increase traffic and I think we all know how that would go over with the residents. :rolleyes:

I've had the same thought. Nothing that sticks up too much, but just something nice and organic, Frank Lloyd or E. Fay style, arts and crafts all the way, made out of rocks and sticks, just to get up over the treeline and enjoy the overlook in the springtime.

Speaking of towers, has anybody ever climbed the old Mount Gaylor tower on Hwy 71 near Winslow?

I stopped once there in college but it was closed down.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had the same thought. Nothing that sticks up too much, but just something nice and organic, Frank Lloyd or E. Fay style, arts and crafts all the way, made out of rocks and sticks, just to get up over the treeline and enjoy the overlook in the springtime.

Speaking of towers, has anybody ever climbed the old Mount Gaylor tower on Hwy 71 near Winslow?

I stopped once there in college but it was closed down.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Nothing big and flashy, something that would fit well into the area just high enough to get above the treeline.

Yeah I've been up the Mt Gaylor tower. But that was a long time ago. After a while they rarely seemed to have it open. This was even before I-540. I'm not sure if much has changed or not. I've been meaning to actually try the old Hwy 71 instead of I-540 one of these days. Even if the tower wasn't open I could check out Artist Point.

Tried taking a few pics last night since looks like there are some good chances of rain this weekend. I can't complain though we really need the rain. I'll just have to put off taking some more pics to another weekend. I'll try to post a few pics here later. Although some of what I took really isn't anything new. I just wanted some better examples for myself with my new camera.

I'll go ahead and post a few more pics. I don't really think I have enough to start another topic. Some of what I took yesterday are simply some repeats of what I've posted before. Just a little bit nicer versions with my new camer and new wide angle lens. Anyway here a few more from Mt Sequoyah looking around the southern part of the city. In the last pic you can see a closer view of the area around 6th St. Then as it curves and passes I-540 it becomes Hwy 62 and heads southwest to Farmington and Prarie Grove.

img0941ss5sv.jpg

img0940ss9oc.jpg

img0939ss9kv.jpg

Sweet pictures mith! You really are an amazing photographer!

Again, I really like the night pictures. I'm a sucker for 'em.

I also like the picture of Fayetteville with all the hills. (Sure, those hills are no Hot Springs mountains, but they sure are nice :thumbsup::silly: )

Sweet pictures mith! You really are an amazing photographer!

Again, I really like the night pictures. I'm a sucker for 'em.

I also like the picture of Fayetteville with all the hills. (Sure, those hills are no Hot Springs mountains, but they sure are nice :thumbsup::silly: )

Thanks Johnny. I really like the night pics too, but I've been trying not to simply keep repeating myself. It's getting hard trying to think of other areas where I can take pics in Fayetteville. It's sometimes harder than you might think. I can take quite a few and only get some to come out the way I'd like. I do need to get up to Mt Sequoyah at night sometime and take some night pics.

I've posted most of these in the Pic of the Day topic but I'll post them over here too in case not everyone checks out that topic. I've been trying to decide what to post, what not to bother with, and what to keep and slowly post in the Pic of the Day topic.

92122295_3d1611b0cc_o.jpg

92129476_7813e4452a_o.jpg

92533753_69380453f8_o.jpg

92677306_6720a7a03c_o.jpg

Here's a few more shots I took from the same outing I took the sunrise pics. The first pic is looking towards the east/northeast. The church with the steeple is on Dickson St. The larger building on the right part of the pic is the new Washington County Courthouse. Th second you can get a better view of the Fayetteville Public Library as a whole. The last is an interesting shot of Old Main,

93725673_4bcc953534_o.jpg

93725675_e02d295ede_o.jpg

93725676_36181d3f98_o.jpg

Here's some more pics from Mt Sequoyah. In the first you get to see what it looks like without any zoom. The second and third you get to see the area of the campus with the parking deck, some of the dorms and the Sam Walton College of Business. In the third you can even see some of the contruction going on. The last is the northern part of the campus, with Reid, Hotz and the NW Quad.

img1388s0kk.jpg

img1411s2ox.jpg

img1412s5ry.jpg

img1405s4vf.jpg

Great shots!

Hotz hall is on the highest point of campus, before the Quad was built we had a wonderful view looking south. Still have a nice northern view, but being able to look out my office window and see the entire campus was nice.

I bet there are some great views to the north from there, especially at night. Unlike Mt Sequoyah where you're only looking at the shorter area of Fayetteville you get to see further away and even the lights from Springdale as well. Wish I could get some shots from up there. :D

• 1 month later...

I hate that I'm just now finding this thread, but those are some really cool shots. And I like the renaissance tower sign... that's a nice-looking building. That will be Fayetteville's tallest, right?

Yeah I think it will just be a little taller than the Radisson. Although there's been some talk of the developers wanting to add two more stories also.

This picture needs to be framed.

Thanks, I admit it's one of my favorites as well. Even though it's not exactly pertaining to the America in Bloom competition I think that's one of the pics that helped the city decide to try to get me to take some pics for the competition. Maybe I need to print off some 8X10's and frame them and see if I can sell them. :D I've posted some other pics but started putting them into other topics since this one had gotten so big.

• 5 months later...

I decided to revive this old topic. I've been breaking down my pics into other topics but thought I'd post some in here. Here's some from a little spot that I think gets overlooked by a lot of people. I believe people know the gardens to the east and west of the Walton Arts Center but this little area is actually over in the parking lot area. It has a nice little garden and koi pond.

img4430sszt1.jpg

img4401ssgw2.jpg

img4407ssdl2.jpg

img4403ssxa6.jpg

img4408sscy5.jpg

img4412sshx7.jpg

img4414ssgi9.jpg

img4417sssl4.jpg

img4436ssjj4.jpg

Archived