Pictures of Fayetteville

These pictures are great, Mith. I always enjoy seeing downtown Fayetteville, and Fall is Fayetteville's best time of year.

I'm really excited to see how nice the Renaissance Tower will be. Hopefully more projects of this scale will happen in Fayetteville. For a city its size, Fayetteville has an amazing downtown. Having the University of Arkansas definitely helps.

Northwest Arkansas may not have a centralized urban core, but Fayetteville can certainly have a vibrant downtown that's a great place to be.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These pictures are great, Mith. I always enjoy seeing downtown Fayetteville, and Fall is Fayetteville's best time of year.

I'm really excited to see how nice the Renaissance Tower will be. Hopefully more projects of this scale will happen in Fayetteville. For a city its size, Fayetteville has an amazing downtown. Having the University of Arkansas definitely helps.

Northwest Arkansas may not have a centralized urban core, but Fayetteville can certainly have a vibrant downtown that's a great place to be.

True, and I'm also looking forward to the Renaissance Tower. They're hoping it will have the same effect on the area that the Walton Art Center had on Dickson St. I've been slowly going through the Fayetteville downtown master plan. The people who did the study that it was based on also mentioned that Fayetteville had a unique and vibrant downtown area. Especially since so many cities' downtown areas had become rundown with trends from the last few deacades.

I'll have to see if I can find the info again. I think I may have posted it somewhere under the Fayetteville topic. For quite a while I was lumping all the info around here under that one topic while I was the only northwest Arkansas person around. I'll try to see if I can find some of that info again when I get the chance. By the way the top floors will be condos by the way Matt. I get the impression that they might be pretty pricy though. You might have to settle for another condo development around the Square of around Dickson.

Okay, I see now that it's the Mountain Inn project. I was thinking that the Renaissance Tower was another 16 story building that flew under my radar. I wouldn't mind settling for a condo around the Square or so, they are kind of nice.

Okay, I see now that it's the Mountain Inn project. I was thinking that the Renaissance Tower was another 16 story building that flew under my radar. I wouldn't mind settling for a condo around the Square or so, they are kind of nice.

I did see one post but I thought I had posted a little more up-to-date info on the project. But I haven't found what topic I put that under. But I think I recapped most of it. I keep forgetting the name, Renaissance Tower and keep wanting to refer to it as what they were calling the demolition project, Mountain Inn.

I've been trying to think of what to take pictures of next. I guess I could take more around Dickson and the Square. I neglected some areas along there. I'd also like to get some inside the Fayetteville Public Library. I've even considered taking some around Washington Regional. Not sure if anyone would be interested in any pics around the Northwest Arkansas Mall area. Guess I could try taking a pic of the Lindsey office building going up over on Joyce.

I did see one post but I thought I had posted a little more up-to-date info on the project. But I haven't found what topic I put that under. But I think I recapped most of it. I keep forgetting the name, Renaissance Tower and keep wanting to refer to it as what they were calling the demolition project, Mountain Inn.

I've been trying to think of what to take pictures of next. I guess I could take more around Dickson and the Square. I neglected some areas along there. I'd also like to get some inside the Fayetteville Public Library. I've even considered taking some around Washington Regional. Not sure if anyone would be interested in any pics around the Northwest Arkansas Mall area. Guess I could try taking a pic of the Lindsey office building going up over on Joyce.

Yeah, I'd like to see the Lindsey building, and maybe some around Washington Regional.

Looks Great so far Mith, Good Job!!

Yeah, I'd like to see the Lindsey building, and maybe some around Washington Regional.

Looks Great so far Mith, Good Job!!

Thanks. I'm also considering eventually starting a Fayetteville Dowtown Master Plan topic. But sine I can't post any pics from the pdf files I considered taking some pics of the areas they mention and adding some text myself of possible improvements in the near future.

Thanks. I'm also considering eventually starting a Fayetteville Dowtown Master Plan topic. But sine I can't post any pics from the pdf files I considered taking some pics of the areas they mention and adding some text myself of possible improvements in the near future.

That would be cool.

I actually did try to take some of the pdf files and even some from regular internet sites of Fayetteville's Master Plan, but it just wouldn't post for some reason.

Great pictures. I have been meaning to go around and take pictures, but I never seem to get around to it. Thanks for taking the time for the rest of us.

No problem. Like I said it was actually pretty fun to do. I actually got to take a closer look at areas I've been meaning to for a long time. I'd also been thinking of taking and posting pics for a long time but never got around to it. But seeing Skirby's pics made me realize I really should go ahead and make the effort.

That would be cool.

I actually did try to take some of the pdf files and even some from regular internet sites of Fayetteville's Master Plan, but it just wouldn't post for some reason.

How did you try to post the pics?

No problem. Like I said it was actually pretty fun to do. I actually got to take a closer look at areas I've been meaning to for a long time. I'd also been thinking of taking and posting pics for a long time but never got around to it. But seeing Skirby's pics made me realize I really should go ahead and make the effort.

How did you try to post the pics?

I pressed the Insert Image function and typed in the URL but nothing would happen.

Any suggestions?

I pressed the Insert Image function and typed in the URL but nothing would happen.

Any suggestions?

I usually right click on the picture I want and 'copy the image location'. Then on UP I hit the image button and right click again and 'paste'. I haven't had too many problems, but every once in a while something might mess up and I just try it again.

I usually right click on the picture I want and 'copy the image location'. Then on UP I hit the image button and right click again and 'paste'. I haven't had too many problems, but every once in a while something might mess up and I just try it again.

I'll try that next time.

I'll try that next time.

Okay, the first time I tried posting a pic I just tried doing stuff as a test when things were slow and I could edit it out later until I got the hang of it. Let me know if you keep having problems and we'll figure out something from there.

I found out what this creek is. This is the Scull Creek. Which I have seen the name mentioned before when referring to the trail system. I believe I have even mentioned it's name when talking about road projects and such in the Fayetteville topic.

img28554qh.jpg

Great pics!! Fayetteville looks like a very nice urban community. I really like all the well-maintained street level shops and structures. Really classy. I really envy the fact you have a Thai restaurant though!!! LOL ;)

That Renaissance tower looks like a great project. I assume it will drastically change the skyline. Has this project been popular in the community?

I really like the old Courthouse as well. IMO Courthouses are some of the best architecture a city could ask for.

Oops, sorry I guess I got so busy posting pictures I missed your post. Fayetteville has at least two if not three Thai restaurants. As far as the Renaissance Tower yeah it's being viewed pretty well. I'm not sure how drastic it will change the skyline but I do believe it will edge out any other building for tallest in Fayetteville. I like the Old Courthouse as well. I really need to post some pictures of Old Main on the U of A campus as well. Both of those buildings are very nice. I was going to take pictures of it but they are working on it at the moment. They are putting a new clock into it's bell tower, so it has scaffolding all around it. I should have some pics I took a year or two ago, if I can find that disk. Until then I will post a few pics I found on the internet.

arkansas_01.JPG

arkansas-photo.jpg

OldMain.jpg

^Nice pictures.

Thanks although I can't take credit for these. I didn't take any pics of Old Main on the U of A campus because of all the scaffolding as they put a new clock into the bell tower. Old Main is probably the one building everyone knows and loves here in Fayetteville. It's a shame that the Old Courthouse gets somewhat overshadowed by Old Main. If I can find some of my old pics I took a couple of years ago I'll try to post them.

Okay here's some more pics. I guess it won't be much more than what I had last week. I did take some inside the Fayetteville Public Library. But I couldn't take as many that I wanted because I couldn't disturb the patrons and in some areas it was dark enough that my pictures came out blurry and I couldn't set up a tripod. But anyway I'll start off with some pics inside the library.

img28859sg.jpg

img28877sr.jpg

img28884mq.jpg

img28897gf.jpg

img28903az.jpg

img28913gt.jpg

img28926ip.jpg

img28931zp.jpg

img28948ok.jpg

img28998fd.jpg

img29004ct.jpg

img29015ns.jpg

img29026su.jpg

img29054ox.jpg

img29071zl.jpg

img29101tc.jpg

img29117vp.jpg

img29128ld.jpg

img29130ci.jpg

img29141md.jpg

img29159ln.jpg

img29162fz.jpg

img29174kv.jpg

img29189dm.jpg

img29196in.jpg

img29209tr.jpg

Okay well some of the pics were outside on the terrace and some I did take outside the building again. It was still foggy earlier but later it did clear up. I guess I could have gotten some nice pics out of the big curvature of windows if I had gone back and tried. I wish I could have taken pictures in some other areas of the library. Most of what I took is upstairs in the adult section. I didn't take much downstairs and in the kid's section. The kid's section has some interesting colors and designs. The bathrooms also have themes, there's an air, fire, water, and earth. I wasn't about to start taking pictures in the bathrooms either.

Okay now I'll do some pics of the Walton Art Center I didn't do last time. The first is of the Nadine Baum Studios that's seperate from the rest of the Walton Art Center. Early on the gallery was in with the rest of the Walton Art Center, but I guess as time went on they wanted to expand for other things and moved the gallery to a seperate building. It's across the street and south a little, just across Spring St south of the Walton Art Center parking.

img29232ba.jpg

img29290jg.jpg

img29315jk.jpg

img29321ph.jpg

img29350eb.jpg

img29369in.jpg

img29385kq.jpg

img30548wi.jpg

The garden like area is to the north of the Walton Art Center along Dickson St. You might even be able to recognize some of the buildings in the backgrounds in one of the pics. There's also a little garden area like this on the west side of the Walton Art Center along West St.

Here's some more pics of Dickson St. Some of them might be rather similar to some of the ones I took before. I know I took some of the same buildings but maybe from a different angle. But I did try to include more from the south side of the street that I had neglected before. I have more of the Hoghaus Brewery. It used to be the Ozark Brew Pub and was built not long after the Walton Art Center. I think it was the first building that responded to the new art center and helped breath new life into the area.

img29333ty.jpg

img29343ak.jpg

img29398wj.jpg

img29401be.jpg

img29412eg.jpg

img29421eb.jpg

img29431ng.jpg

img30305pc.jpg

img30311fu.jpg

img30324by.jpg

img30335kb.jpg

img30355wm.jpg

img30387tb.jpg

img30398gb.jpg

img30401nv.jpg

img30368ra.jpg

img30581rz.jpg

img30599jv.jpg

img30609fx.jpg

img30611uf.jpg

I also included some pics of further down the street that not everyone might take notice of. Yes there's a pretty big Methodist church also on Dickson St. There's one of some doors. That's the Bordino's front entrance, I happened to like those doors a lot. I included more pics of individual places, in particular restaurants. I wanted to take some pics of restaurants that have been mentioned in the restaurant topic. I'll probably post a few pics over there too and go into more detail of them.

Archived