Pictures of Fayetteville

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next group of pics starts off with the Poultry Science Building. Although I think it officially has another name. Of course we have to study all those chickens we have up here in northwest Arkansas. Then there's the Barnhill Condos development. I came across that site also. Then there's a couple of Pomfret Hall. It's a dorm that's down the hill from much of the rest of the campus. Okay then there's the picture of the sidewalk. I'm sure you're wondering why I took a pic of a sidewalk. If you notice there's several metal plates along the sidewalk, although the glare from the sun make some of them hard to see. The Physical Plant runs a lot of hot pipes underneath a number of sidewalks around the campus. Underneath these sidewalks there's a big enough space to get in around the pipes. Every once in a while you'll hear about some students who find or 'unlock' one of these metal plates and go exploring all around underneath the campus. Apparently it's somewhat well known. I saw a guy from Missouri who has a website set up who heard about it andcame all the way to Fayetteville to 'explore' underneath the campus. Then there's one more pic I haven't posted yet. It's of the Law Building.

img32944ar.jpg

img32932ox.jpg

img32924yg.jpg

img33085uf.jpg

img33107hi.jpg

img33114aw.jpg

img33126lm.jpg

img33256ol.jpg

img33268xz.jpg

img33509hg.jpg

img33513xf.jpg

img33596sw.jpg

img33745vq.jpg

Hopefully I didn't overwhelm everyone with so many pics. But I figure if I'm going to go out and look I might as well do a good job and look at everything in that area. Then since I bothered to take so many pics I might as well post them all. If I get the chance I might make a quick trip to Baum Field, so I can have some pics of the baseball field since I took pics of most of the other sports related facilities on campus. I know there are some buildings I skipped over on campus. But as anyone can see I had quite a bit and I was trying to stick with some of the buildings that stood out or were particularly new or old. I still have some requests to work on but if anyone else has some requests or questions feel free to ask.

I keep forgetting to ask this. Does anyone have any preferences on picture size? I've been keeing them small because it makes it a little easier to upload and post. But I could make them bigger if people would prefer them a little bigger than what I've been posting. I don't think it would slow things down too much and people might prefer to be able to see a little more. Although I don't know if I would put any huge pictures on here like I've seen in some others forums.

mith, you've been working too hard :-)

It wasn't too bad, although the last trip did wear me out a little. But I've been wanting to go out and take some shots for myself of some of the foliage. It also gives me a good excuse to go visit some areas of the city I don't always stop and visit as much as I should.

Just to surprise everyone I have some pics to post and it's not the weekend. I went around after work and mainly was wanting some pics of the foliage. With the strong gusty southern winds I was afraid there may not be a lot of leaves left by the weekend. I know it may not seem very fitting since most of the are tree foliage pics but they were here in Fayetteville and I do have some other pics too. The first group were taken around the U of A campus. You can see Old Main in some of them and Ozark Hall can also be seen in the background in a couple also. I also tried getting some bigger pics on here too. Let me know which size everyone prefers.

img35632ew.jpg

img34761mw.jpg

img34774fa.jpg

img34813iv.jpg

img34839lh.jpg

img34862qa.jpg

img34884ep.jpg

img34985mw.jpg

img35023xj.jpg

img35070wz.jpg

img35127hq.jpg

img35165ye.jpg

img35236zb.jpg

img35270ia.jpg

img35283mv.jpg

img35318yp.jpg

I'll have some more pics shortly.

Very nice pics of Foilage.

You should put those on some of the general forums about foilage, there that great!!!

Thanks, I used to check out a lot of other areas on UP. But that was also when the Arkansas forum was pretty slow. Since things have picked up here I don't check other areas too much. I usually stick to the neighboring states and also the general Southern area.

Okay here's some more pics. Since I was in the area I focused a little on the area of Dickson St adjacent to the university. I've usually focused a little further away east on Dickson. There are a few foliage pics here too. The last three pics are of the Underwood Building. The Underwood Lofts will be going next door. If you can't tell it was designed by E Fay Jones and I think it's one of his buildings that often get overlooked despite it's location. I'm hoping to eventually to start a topic with some pics of E Fay Jones architecture sometime in the near future.

img35348vy.jpg

img35378rn.jpg

img35409nw.jpg

img35430hw.jpg

img35459nv.jpg

img35467xu.jpg

img35480ca.jpg

img35496aw.jpg

img35521fc.jpg

img35537jh.jpg

img35542br.jpg

img35557zg.jpg

img35560uu.jpg

img35586hw.jpg

img35594dq.jpg

img35604jv.jpg

img35618bd.jpg

img35629ee.jpg

Beautiful.

I like that picture of the skyline with a dorm in it. Gives a real urban feel.

If you're talking about the pic I think you are that's not a dorm it's actually a bar. I could be taking a few pics on Friday too. Looks like Saturday may not work out too well. Chance of rain and looks like it will at least be cloudy. Maybe I'll finally get a pic of the Lindsey Building for you Matt. That and I'll get to see how far along it's come since I was last over there.

Yeah none of those buildings are dorms. The one that's partially covered up towards the left by the Walton Art Center is the Radisson Hotel I believe. Perhaps I need to go back around downtown and try to take some pics that at least appear a little more urban than some of the ones I've already taken one of these days.

Yeah none of those buildings are dorms. The one that's partially covered up towards the left by the Walton Art Center is the Radisson Hotel I believe. Perhaps I need to go back around downtown and try to take some pics that at least appear a little more urban than some of the ones I've already taken one of these days.

I see.

I thought it was a dorm, but your the expert :D .

The colors are amazing.

The funny thing is, this is an "off" year for fall too. Arkansas is in a drought.....so i'm very impressed that the fall colors look this good.

I think the rain we got on Sunday and Monday really helped. After that the colors just seemed to deepen overnight. By the way it will be a little bit but I have more pics to post.

Okay I'll start off with just a few to give me more time to upload them. Since we may have bad weather I went around and took a lot today. I had a short day at work so it gave me more time to go see some areas. First I'll start off with some pics from the Northwest Arkansas Mall. I didn't take any pics of it but I took some of the view. Almost all the pics are looking to the south except for the one looking over to the Lindsey Building. I did manage to get some pics of it. Earlier in the contruction I got the impression it was going to be a taller building for some reason.

img35714py.jpg

img35754dh.jpg

img35766nf.jpg

img35776mj.jpg

img35783yb.jpg

img35795zz.jpg

img35808zy.jpg

More pics later, might take me a while to upload them all.

The Lindsay Building is still a nice mid-rise for the city of Fayetteville.

Nice pics, again!!!

I'm disappointed with the one pic, but the glare off the roofs was giving me problems, but I still wanted to add it to give a look of Mall Ave. In some of the other pics you can see Hwy 71 in the background and that's also Mt Sequoyah in the background too.

I'm disappointed with the one pic, but the glare off the roofs was giving me problems, but I still wanted to add it to give a look of Mall Ave. In some of the other pics you can see Hwy 71 in the background and that's also Mt Sequoyah in the background too.

How far away is the Lindsay building from the downtown area?

Okay I'll post a few more for the time being. The first one is what someone referred to as the 'treehouse'. I think someone a long time ago on the board said it was an E Fay Jones house, but I don't know if it is or not. Unfortunately I didn't get any close pics of it. It's taken from Old Missouri Rd, the road curves towards it but then the trees get in the way. The other pics are of some fall foliage and Gulley Park over on the east side of town. I think Gulley Park and Wilson Park are the two that I hear most people talk about here in Fayetteville. The one pic is of the gulley that runs through the park and gives it it's name. The last pic is of the gazebo. I'm not sure if they do it anymore but before the AMP they used to have local bands and the local orchestra play music once a week during the summertime. But that may have moved over to the AMP now.

img35829fp.jpg

img35846au.jpg

img35851ol.jpg

img35932yp.jpg

img35940ud.jpg

img35970cs.jpg

img35985do.jpg

img35998oh.jpg

img36016ao.jpg

Okay another group then I have to get me something to eat and I'll do the rest later today/tonight. Here is once again some fall foliage and some houses from the Mt Sequoyah area. I tried looking around for some houses in particular but didn't have as much luck as I had hoped. I was having a hard time finding Anson St. I'm not sure if I got any James Lambeth houses for you CellarDoor135. For that matter it's been quite a while since I've seen any pics of his houses so I can't honestly say if I guessed right and picked one of his out but there was one that for some reason made me think it could be of his style. Same thing with E Fay Jones, I am much more familiar with his style but I don't know all of the houses he has designed. I'm pretty sure one house was his. The first house pic I just thought was interesting so I took a pic. The pics of the second house is one I believe I have seen in one of his books but I don't remember the name of it. Interesting mirrors even if it isn't his. The last two pics are of the house I thought could possibly be one by James Lambeth. I'll have to do a little more research and try it again sometime.

img36021wn.jpg

img36060iq.jpg

img36113hi.jpg

img36099jv.jpg

img36133gv.jpg

img36143xu.jpg

img36159vn.jpg

img36162vs.jpg

img36176ry.jpg

Okay later today/tonight there will be some pics from the Washington-Willow Historical District and more.

Archived