NHL

AceMentor

^ Well it is a "motor" sport ;), and no its not as physically grueling in the same way as some other sports, but I think people too often write it off as "drive fast turn left" and downplay it as a rural redneck sport that takes little skill or knowledge and underestimate its popularity. Its true though that NASCAR is increasingly about the money and technology and less about driving and thats hurting the sport IMO.

I do think it takes alot of driving skill though to make it to the NASCAR level. Lots of folks get put into cars who don't have the skill by folks with money and are quickly washed out, so its not like any average joe who wants to run can do it and be successful. You have to know how to draft, run lines, etc. Actually race car driving is somewhat of a science if you want to be successful at it (be it driving the car or setting up the car to run on a particular track).

We all can disagree on this. I just wanted to present counter-arguments to some of the statements made for a better informed discussion. I grew up around racers all my life, so I just have a different take.

I don't want to keep this thread off topic.

I love ya still the same Rural King. LOL!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Good news abounds. Who would of thought we'd ever be having a NHL thread talking about Nashville trying to go 8-0.

PREDS WIN 5-3!!! They're record is now 8-0. I just heard that Nashville is only the fourth team in NHL history to go 8-0. Two other teams went 8-0 back in the 70's and the Toronto Maple Leafs hold the record of going 10-0 to start the season in 1993-94. Let's win three more and break the all time record!!!!

I SERIOUSLY believe that they can tie the record of 10 in a row or 10-0 set by Toronto. Take a look at the schedule and you'll see what I mean.

The schedule really is favorable:

Oct 26 Away Columbus (Current Record: 2-7-0)

Oct 29 Home Edmonton (Current Record: 3-6-1)

Nov 1 Away Anaheim (Current Record: 3-5-1)

11-0 is a real possibility!

The schedule really is favorable:

Oct 26 Away Columbus (Current Record: 2-7-0)

Oct 29 Home Edmonton (Current Record: 3-6-1)

Nov 1 Away Anaheim (Current Record: 3-5-1)

11-0 is a real possibility!

Absolutely! That is what I was getting at. We should win the game tonight, albeit it will be very physical. Edmonton should be a good test, but I can see us passing and Anaheim should pose only slight problems at the least.

Time to start a new streak tomorrow--we'll be in attendance and hopefully 16,000 of my closest friends will be there too.

I'm coming too! What a great weekend I should have in Nashville!....Preds Saturday night, Forum Meet Sunday morning, Titans Sunday afternoon, and a beautiful weather forecast!!! Can it get any better than that! :yahoo:

I'm coming too! What a great weekend I should have in Nashville!....Preds Saturday night, Forum Meet Sunday morning, Titans Sunday afternoon, and a beautiful weather forecast!!! Can it get any better than that! :yahoo:

Yeah it can.

Heres how.....If all those things above happen AND we beat the Redwings too!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry Zach.

Hey, I just realized that TECHNICALLY the predators are still undefeated. They recieved a point for going into overtime with columbus, so there is still a zero in the loss column. The Overtime thing took the place of the ties, and all the "most games without a loss" records from the past DONT COUNT ties as a defeat.

^ Try arguing that to a die hard Canadian fan. LOL!! You would commit suicide, or die of natural causes, before you convinced them otherwise.

Hahaha true. Well, I guess it doesn't matter anymore after last night. Aww, the Preds are so considerate. Thanks for taking care of the confusion guys! 5-1? I don't care who they're playing...even if the old USSR national team is resurrected and they play them...a team that has Kariya, Timmonen, and Vokoun on it should NOT lose 5 to 1 to ANY TEAM, much less a sub 500 team in the NHL. BLECH!

Hahaha true. Well, I guess it doesn't matter anymore after last night. Aww, the Preds are so considerate. Thanks for taking care of the confusion guys! 5-1? I don't care who they're playing...even if the old USSR national team is resurrected and they play them...a team that has Kariya, Timmonen, and Vokoun on it should NOT lose 5 to 1 to ANY TEAM, much less a sub 500 team in the NHL. BLECH!

I agree. There was no excuse.

Was anybody at the game on Saturday night? We did not get to our seats until right before the National Anthem--I look up and there hanging from the rafters is Gnash in his halloween costume--stuck. You know how he does his grand entrance from the top of the arena, well apparently his halloween costume got caught on the rope as he was repelling down. He was stuck there straight through the enitre anthem. I didn't know whether to laugh or pray. They finally pulled him up little by little back to safety to a loud cheer from the crowd. It seemed to set the tone for a bizarre hockey night in Nashville.

Was anybody at the game on Saturday night? We did not get to our seats until right before the National Anthem--I look up and there hanging from the rafters is Gnash in his halloween costume--stuck. You know how he does his grand entrance from the top of the arena, well apparently his halloween costume got caught on the rope as he was repelling down. He was stuck there straight through the enitre anthem. I didn't know whether to laugh or pray. They finally pulled him up little by little back to safety to a loud cheer from the crowd. It seemed to set the tone for a bizarre hockey night in Nashville.

That's funny.

Archived