Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KendallKid

a question about transit

It would be cool to not only extend it on this current plan, but also through the proposed Central Park project to cut across downtown in that direction.

I can only imagine how successful this would have been if they had done the downtown section in the first phase. Yes, I'm sure costs were prohibitive then, but it opens it up to exponentially more riders and choices. It would be more transit and less tourist line.

I agree, heck I would have taken it up to the CBD and just across the river to the University of Tampa and its 5,000 students.

Btw, Brickell, what's the older building in your last pic on the Miami Progress link?

It would have helped immensely if the city had gotten more help from Hillsborough County. They're not too fond of the streetcar. Seems like they (the county) are blatantly trying to destroy HARTline -- they've already floated the idea of pulling unincorporated residents out of the taxing district that funds the system, leaving it entirely up to the city to fund it. Thankfully their little referendum attempt failed and never left the county commission chamber.