What are we lucky to have in this market?

paletexan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapel Hill got the nation's 2nd Rugby store. A new retail concept from Ralph Lauren. Technically making the Triangle the only area in the Carolinas with a Ralph Lauren boutique.

That's interesting about the Rugby Store ... definitely news to me.

I dont know if we're lucky to have it, but it's definitely gotten a popular response locally, and nationwide coverage ... We've got the first Martha Stewart / KB sponosored development in Cary.

I might have to check out that Rugby store too... From looking around at google search returns, it looks like it wants to counter american eagle and ambercrombie & finch, which sounds like a worthy cause!

Looking at the location map, it looks like it is a few doors down (maybe in the same place) as the (UNC grad Alexander Julian) Colors store used to be... one designer snubbing another? It would be cool if one of these were in DT raleihg, on hillsborough st, or in north hills, but i doubt the demographics will make that happen :(

A friend keeps wanting to make a pligrimage to Southern Season, so a visit may be in the future.

We're lucky to be able to support three college town type areas -- franklin street, 9th street, and hillsborugh st. They are usually in some state of flux, but all three feel like they are coming into new eras. Take away the universities (big and small) and you lose a good chunck of the population and RTP. You might even lose Cameron Village, but I don't know if it's history is tied to State's.

All this, plus the parks, museums/arts, restaurants, and nightlife that all come together in a mishmash kind of way that just *works*.

Here's some of the stuff that drew me here (from New England) and stuff I'm glad to have discovered here:

Three major universities (not to mention three great basketball teams)

Franklin St./downtown Chapel Hill (probably the best "college town" I've been to)

Durham Bulls (and their fabulous ballpark), and the location for "Bull Durham"

NC Museum of History - that place is awesome

Plenty of cinemas, both "indie" and mainstream varieties

The Independent Weekly

Research Triangle Park (has anyone mentioned this one yet?)

Duke Gardens

The American Tobacco Trail

Archived