UAB News

Blazer85

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- UAB today broke ground on a $22-million Cancer Radiation Center. It is expected to be completed by 2008.

- Also the article mentioned that construction on the 600,000sqft $140-million UAB Woman and Infants Hospital would begin this spring and the whole complex finished by 2009.

http://www.al.com/business/birminghamnews/....xml&coll=2

The Pita Stop (mediterranean) is right there next door. A half-dozen blocks east you've got Jim N' Nicks, Surin West and Chez Fon Fon, none of which are terribly expensive and all of which are very good... well, Jim B Nicks is often good, sometimes not so much. Other places worth considering are Cobb Lane, Ted's (near I-65), Courtney's (5th Av), Fish Market (5th Av & 22nd St), Taj India (Highland Av) and Ranelli's Deli (20th St & 13th Av)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that the site where the Parliament House hotel was the possible location of the UAB Transit Center of the light rail system in the GMPO Long Range Transportation Plans. It is at the corner of 5th Avenue and Richard Arlington Boulevard, and is currently the only plot land at that intersection that hasn't been redeveloped.

I thought that the site where the Parliament House hotel was the possible location of the UAB Transit Center of the light rail system in the GMPO Long Range Transportation Plans. It is at the corner of 5th Avenue and Richard Arlington Boulevard, and is currently the only plot land at that intersection that hasn't been redeveloped.

• 1 month later...

Brasfield & Gorrie has been awarded the contract to build the UAB Women and Infants Hospital... along with the Radiation Oncology Center. The contract value is in the neighborhood of $88M. Site work has already begun... the rest should be underway later this spring.

UAB continues to propel this city and the economy forward, thankfully, despite the poor political leadership around here.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow! They built that thing in practically 6-8 months. :shok: I was just up here on campus in October and the parcel was still just them moving dirt. I can't wait to get back in town to watch them put this new Math & Science Building together.

Wow! They built that thing in practically 6-8 months. :shok: I was just up here on campus in October and the parcel was still just them moving dirt. I can't wait to get back in town to watch them put this new Math & Science Building together.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived