Fayetteville Downtown Master Plan

Mith242

I wouldn't want to say that Northwest Arkansas is any better than any other part of the state. I support any development or growth that may be associated with Arkansas.

Yes any development in any part of the state is good for the state as a whole and the rest of us.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In one of the Little Rock topics there is an article mentioning a grocery store going into a development around the downtown area. This is also that is mentioned in the Fayetteville Downtown Master Plan. I think something like a gourmet grocery store would be a good choice. Especially since the Market at Pinnacle Hills isn't open anymore. It would be nice to have something like that here again in northwest Arkansas. I do believe there's a market for it. It bsaically closed because it overextended itself trying to open chains in other areas. But the store in Rogers alsways did well.

In one of the Little Rock topics there is an article mentioning a grocery store going into a development around the downtown area. This is also that is mentioned in the Fayetteville Downtown Master Plan. I think something like a gourmet grocery store would be a good choice. Especially since the Market at Pinnacle Hills isn't open anymore. It would be nice to have something like that here again in northwest Arkansas. I do believe there's a market for it. It bsaically closed because it overextended itself trying to open chains in other areas. But the store in Rogers alsways did well.

Yeah, the store did very excellent, until the store in Tulsa closed because of financial troubles. Then the one in Chicago, then the Des Moines Store, and finally the rogers store. There's a huge market for one up here near Pinnacle, and it would complement things like the Promenade, and the office and apartment units going up in the Shopps Area.

Yeah, the store did very excellent, until the store in Tulsa closed because of financial troubles. Then the one in Chicago, then the Des Moines Store, and finally the rogers store. There's a huge market for one up here near Pinnacle, and it would complement things like the Promenade, and the office and apartment units going up in the Shopps Area.

Have you heard anything on them building another gourmet store there in Benton County or Rogers? The closest we come to that is Ozark Natural Foods. It tends to lean more towards organic but there is some gourmet stuff there too. The only other places I hear much that have gourmet food I believe are more catering type places than stores you can go in and buy stuff. Some of the Harp's have some gourmet stuff, but they obviously don't focus on it or anything.

Have you heard anything on them building another gourmet store there in Benton County or Rogers? The closest we come to that is Ozark Natural Foods. It tends to lean more towards organic but there is some gourmet stuff there too. The only other places I hear much that have gourmet food I believe are more catering type places than stores you can go in and buy stuff. Some of the Harp's have some gourmet stuff, but they obviously don't focus on it or anything.

There's talk for one at the Market building. A lot of the pinnacle partners have talk of opening one that would be owned and managed by the pinnacle group.

There's talk for one at the Market building. A lot of the pinnacle partners have talk of opening one that would be owned and managed by the pinnacle group.

Hopefully that will come about. I still hope we could get something like that down here too in Fayetteville. Somewhere around Dickson or the Square area would be great. A development like that on Block St I think would make a very good choice.

Hopefully that will come about. I still hope we could get something like that down here too in Fayetteville. Somewhere around Dickson or the Square area would be great. A development like that on Block St I think would make a very good choice.

I think one would fit Fayetteville pretty good. Even a real nice produce market or something in the way of a year-long festive farmers market in Fayetteville around the square would be cool. Is Fayetteville's Farmers market any good?

I think one would fit Fayetteville pretty good. Even a real nice produce market or something in the way of a year-long festive farmers market in Fayetteville around the square would be cool. Is Fayetteville's Farmers market any good?

Yes the Farmer's Market is very good. We often get cities who come in and base their future farmer's market off of ours. I don't know if farmer's markets get any awards or ratings, but I'm pretty sure ours has gotten some very good praise. Even from people outside the area. It does very well and as far as I know has been a success in every way. I guess I hadn't thought the effect of a gourmet shop with a produce would have on the farmer's market. But I imagine things would still be okay. Or maybe they could somehow even try to work with each other or something.

Yes the Farmer's Market is very good. We often get cities who come in and base their future farmer's market off of ours. I don't know if farmer's markets get any awards or ratings, but I'm pretty sure ours has gotten some very good praise. Even from people outside the area. It does very well and as far as I know has been a success in every way. I guess I hadn't thought the effect of a gourmet shop with a produce would have on the farmer's market. But I imagine things would still be okay. Or maybe they could somehow even try to work with each other or something.

That would be really cool, to incorporate European/Upscale Outdoor grocery shops with the Farmer's Market.

Archived