St. Pete to get new tallest

bobliocatt

Signature-Place.bmp

Signature Place will be 35 stories high and have 221 units. Plans originally called for the slim glass-and-metal tower at 100 First Ave. S. to be 366 feet high. To accomodate a more efficient air-conditioning system, the building's height will be raised to 390 feet, making it 4ft taller than Bank of America.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/10/17/Tampabay...will_be_t.shtml

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they plan to start construction in the first quarter of '06. First they have to demolish the building currently on the site.

I think it's cool to get a new tallest. I'm really looking forward to seeing what will be proposed for the Tropicana block, which is supposed to produce the DT St. Pete's first building over 400'.

What great news for St. Pete - awesome looking building that would be the envy of any urban area. It's been a long time coming, but St. Pete has managed to establish quite a reputation for itself now. This quality architecture and development only enhances it. Congrats St. Pete!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived