Miami/South Florida Trivia

KendallKid

Hey,.. I had a bike stolen back in 95',.. <_<

Now I know where it went,. lol im kidding,..

I thought the monument was dedicated to Julia Tuttle... at least thats what I read in school,.. must have been a typo.. (MDCPS)

Nice pics too,.. i swear you would even see that thing from in between those buildings in the bay.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,.. I had a bike stolen back in 95',.. <_<

Now I know where it went,. lol im kidding,..

I thought the monument was dedicated to Julia Tuttle... at least thats what I read in school,.. must have been a typo.. (MDCPS)

Nice pics too,.. i swear you would even see that thing from in between those buildings in the bay.

It may have been the monument i was referring o the TUTTLE grave site is a needle like thouse except its granite

The oldest building in the United States is located in Miami-Dade County.

"The Monastery of St. Bernard de Clairvaux was built between 1133-1144 in Sacramenia, in the Province of Segovia, Spain. William Randolph Hearst purchased the monastery in 1925 and shipped it to the United States in 11,000 crates. It remained in storage in Brooklyn, N.Y., for 26 years until its purchase by Messrs. W. Edgemon and R. Moss in 1952. The two men then had the monastery reassembled in a wooded preserve nestled along Snake Creek in downtown North Miami Beach, where it has become a popular and beautiful tourist attraction and a favorite wedding spot."

http://www.flcities.com/membership/city_trivia_nmbeach.asp

It's quite a landmark. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

^they're moving to downtown Coral Gables.

Another major Miami home-and-grown corporation is Ryder System.

Miami is home to more than a thousand multi-national corporations, and just about every Fortune 500-1000 has offices for their Latin American operations here. Companies include ExxonMobil, Oracle, IBM, FedEx Latin America, and others.

Alot of people know this but.... Burger King was founded in Miami the original Burger King can be found at 3090 nw 36st. Miami is still home to Burger King world headquaters who is looking into moving downtown.

I did not know this! I thought burger king was an English company... WOW! That should be put into trivia.

Alot of people know this but.... Burger King was founded in Miami the original Burger King can be found at 3090 nw 36st. Miami is still home to Burger King world headquaters who is looking into moving downtown.

I didnt know this either! I thought Burger King was founded in Missouri..

I thought Winn Dixie was Jacksonville's too.

But technically Winn Dixie has its roots in Idaho. The two brothers moved their operations to Miami, where they we're known as Winn & Lovett. When the business started to grow they moved their HQ to Jax (1940s) but they weren't known as Winn Dixie until some time in the 50s when they they aquired a chain of Dixie home stores.

Brig Gen Paul TIbbits pilot of the Enola Gay that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima was raised in Miami...

6 of the 7 perpetrators of the Watergate Break-In were Cuban exiles from Miami...

Al Capone used his visit to Miami as his alibi after the Valentines Day Massacre in Chicago.

Archived