Triad Bi-Lo Stores

DigitalSky

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm surprised they kept the layout, signs and prices the same though. Thanks so much for the info Roadgeek!!

They're going to spend as little money as possible on these stores, guaranteed. It's a good thing for them that the Bi-Lo stores in the Triad were generally newer and in better shape than the ones in Charlotte.

Yea I found out this pass Saterday on my way to Lowes which is right across the street from Bi-lo. But anyway they put up this big tacky sign on the front and have "grand opeaning" signs all over the place. It wasen't no more packed than Bi-lo on a normal day. I also went in and it still looked like Bi-lo with the same products as RoadGeek explained. If you want to see a pic just go to www.the-dispatch.com and scroll down the front page.

It will be interesting how "big" of a player "Southern Family Markets" becomes in the triad and elsewhere. With their parent being originally from outside the region, they have a hard road ahead, especially since NC has one of the highest rates of grocery square footage per capita in the country (can I hear someone say "WE ARE OVER-STORED??") These stores will be run more like independant grocers with limited advertising since they are not heavily seeded in the area markets. I doubt they will be as successful as the former BI-LO's.

and their signage is "ULTRA" TACKY!! :sick:

It will be interesting how "big" of a player "Southern Family Markets" becomes in the triad and elsewhere. With their parent being originally from outside the region, they have a hard road ahead, especially since NC has one of the highest rates of grocery square footage per capita in the country (can I hear someone say "WE ARE OVER-STORED??") These stores will be run more like independant grocers with limited advertising since they are not heavily seeded in the area markets. I doubt they will be as successful as the former BI-LO's.

and their signage is "ULTRA" TACKY!! :sick:

In case anyone's interested, the Triad Bi-Lo stores are being operated by the same company that picked off some parts of the carcass of the demised Grand Union stores in the northeast a few years back and resurrected them as GU Family Markets. From the loaction list on their website , it doesn't look like they got the good parts of said carcass, either...

They don't strike me as a really classy operation...

can I hear someone say "WE ARE OVER-STORED??"

Amen!

In case anyone's interested, the Triad Bi-Lo stores are being operated by the same company that picked off some parts of the carcass of the demised Grand Union stores in the northeast a few years back and resurrected them as GU Family Markets. From the loaction list on their website , it doesn't look like they got the good parts of said carcass, either...

They don't strike me as a really classy operation...

Yeah, not really classy, then again my experience with Bi-Lo in Greensboro never was classy anyway.

I think the name is just a mouthful, honestly. Can you imagine.... "Honey, i'm running out to the Bi-Lo for milk" versus "Honey, i'm running out to the Southern Family Markets... *out of breath*" lol

Exactly. :thumbsup: And I bet that most people will still call it Bi-Lo because of that.

Archived