Downtown LR

I like the idea of signage that has continuity and is targeted to tourist. Conveying information to the public through a system of signs, especially if they have character, adds value to the tourist experience. However, I'm not sure the benefit in implementing said signage is compelling. Little Rock is small. All the places you mention can be pointed to from the lobby of the Peabody or Doubletree. Anyone have examples of good execution of this type of sign?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the idea of signage that has continuity and is targeted to tourist. Conveying information to the public through a system of signs, especially if they have character, adds value to the tourist experience. However, I'm not sure the benefit in implementing said signage is compelling. Little Rock is small. All the places you mention can be pointed to from the lobby of the Peabody or Doubletree. Anyone have examples of good execution of this type of sign?

Does anyone else think that a simple, color-coded sign system with arrows pointing to major destinations like the Clinton Library, River Market, Convention Center, Alltel Arena, State Capitol, Robinson Auditorium and Dickey-Stephens Park is a good idea? I think it would really help people find their way around. Optionally, the Old Statehouse, Union Station, Historic Arkansas Museum, Arkansas Arts Center, Main Street Argenta, and/or Museum of Discovery could be included.

I'd really like to see something like an aquarium in the River Market.

I was there the other day, and noticed that other than restaurants, hotels and the Clinton Library (and Children's Museum for kids), there is really not just a whole lot to do when you are done eating.

Don't get me wrong, I love the area, and there are some things to do and see, but how cool would an aquarium be?

It would draw more people to the River Market, and add to the experience for those of us who already go.

I'd really like to see something like an aquarium in the River Market.

I was there the other day, and noticed that other than restaurants, hotels and the Clinton Library (and Children's Museum for kids), there is really not just a whole lot to do when you are done eating.

Don't get me wrong, I love the area, and there are some things to do and see, but how cool would an aquarium be?

It would draw more people to the River Market, and add to the experience for those of us who already go.

As much as anything, this area needs a real park. Hopefully Riverfront will be that, but it just seems so small in scale....but there needs to be some green and places to walk the dog, fly a kite, have kids play, etc now that they are encouraging people to live down there.

Archived