Knowledge in the sidewalks

gs3

Some of my friends in from Nashville this past week thought Greenville was wonderful. They loved the sayings embedded in the sidewalks along Main. I had never paid them that much attention, but after spending some time with my friends reading several, realized it's another one of those QOL things. There are quite a few. Have you guys ever read these? They go for several blocks. Here are photos of a few. As I think travel is the most important thing you can do in life to learn, the first is my fav:

"He who never leaves his country is full of prejudices"

CIMG3267.jpg

CIMG3268.jpg

CIMG3262.jpg

CIMG3263.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read them all at one time or another. They stretch between City Hall and the Carolina First Building and end roughly where the wind chimes are suspended from the trees. I love that stretch of sidewalk along Main Street! :wub:

Wind chimes? I've never noticed them either! I think I need to pay more attention next time I'm in Greenville ;)

Archived