Where would you like to retire in Arkansas?

mcheiss

Okay, I thought this would be a nice little topic to discuss where you would like to retire in Arkansas.

I'll go first. I would like to settle in Fayetteville or a nice condo in the NW Arkansas. My second choice was obviously Little Rock, since it has the greatest Urban feeling in Arkansas.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to retire on my property in in the town of Foreman,AR.

Great people, my family lives there, great area for hunting and fishing, its quiet, reaonably close to Dallas, very close to Texarkana, its just a beautiful area.

Okay, I thought this would be a nice little topic to discuss where you would like to retire in Arkansas.

I'll go first. I would like to settle in Fayetteville or a nice condo in the NW Arkansas. My second choice was obviously Little Rock, since it has the greatest Urban feeling in Arkansas.

Little Rock is great, and it's a place in which I would be happy to retire. However, I would love to retire in Hot Springs. It's a very beautiful city, and it's a great size. It has lots of culture and stuff to do, but a small-town atmosphere.

Little Rock is great, and it's a place in which I would be happy to retire. However, I would love to retire in Hot Springs. It's a very beautiful city, and it's a great size. It has lots of culture and stuff to do, but a small-town atmosphere.

Ditto, Hot Springs is "the" place to retire. If you like golf, it's without a doubt Hot Springs Village which has the best one-site golf courses in the state, realistically probably a little better than the two Robert Trent Jones courses at Chenal. Isabel and Diamante are money. You have lakes, horse racing, condos, and numerous retirement communities in the Hot Springs area and you have a solid medical community there with Little Rock's medical resources a short drive away.

Ditto, Hot Springs is "the" place to retire. If you like golf, it's without a doubt Hot Springs Village which has the best one-site golf courses in the state, realistically probably a little better than the two Robert Trent Jones courses at Chenal. Isabel and Diamante are money. You have lakes, horse racing, condos, and numerous retirement communities in the Hot Springs area and you have a solid medical community there with Little Rock's medical resources a short drive away.

Not saying you have, but don't forget Alotian.

It's one of the nicest courses in the country.

I haven't really golfed much in Fayetteville.

Is it a nice course?

I don't really play golf. But it is one I have heard a lot here in northwest Arkansas. But maybe it's just because it's closer to Fayetteville than the other courses you mentioned. But getting back to the subject, I could certainly see Hot Springs being a top spot. It also helps because it's not too far away from Little Rock either. So you could visit there without too much trouble. Hot Springs is very tempting but as things stand now I think I'd have to stay somewhere in northwest Arkansas. I'm just really drawn to this area. Perhaps I could move to a smaller city like Eureka Springs, but honestly I can see Fayetteville staying my home.

I'm sure they are nice, but they are nothing like Alotian.

This is one of those courses that if you get the chance to play, it's truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

That's kind of like a golf course in Eureka Springs called The Blessing. One of the most kept secrets of Golfing in Arkansas and apparently one of the toughest in the nation.

Not saying you have, but don't forget Alotian.

It's one of the nicest courses in the country.

I'll never get to set foot on Alotian, so it's easy for me to forget. Obviously it far surpasses any course in the state.

Golf Digest's Arkansas Top 10 for 2005:

ARKANSAS

1. (1) Isabella C.C., Hot Springs Village *

2. (2) Chenal C.C. (Founders) Little Rock *

3. (5) Ponce de Leon G. Cse. Hot Springs Village *

4. (4) Diamante G.C. Hot Springs Village*

5. (8) Big Creek G. & C.C. Mountain Home, 870-425-8815, bigcreekgolf.com *

I'll never get to set foot on Alotian, so it's easy for me to forget. Obviously it far surpasses any course in the state.

Golf Digest's Arkansas Top 10 for 2005:

ARKANSAS

1. (1) Isabella C.C., Hot Springs Village *

2. (2) Chenal C.C. (Founders) Little Rock *

3. (5) Ponce de Leon G. Cse. Hot Springs Village *

4. (4) Diamante G.C. Hot Springs Village*

5. (8) Big Creek G. & C.C. Mountain Home, 870-425-8815, bigcreekgolf.com *

Just out of curiousity what do the (1) numbers mean, and for that matter the * ? Quite a few of these I've heard of, but I'm not familiar with the Alotian. Anyone have any information for those of us who aren't real big into golf?

The bracketed numbers are last year's ranking. Pinnacle dropped out because it has been ranked for years since it was known as Champions.

Alotian is a very exclusive private club built be Jack Stephens in western Pulaski County in the hills near Lake Maumelle. The joining fee is in the $150,000 to $200,000 range and this is a club more for people like Michael Jordan and other affluent out-of-staters and the public won't have access. If you didn't know, Jack Stephens was president of Augusta National for many years and thus was THE big guy in U.S. golf. He's the guy that got Broyles a membership there. The Alotian has ampitheaters at every hole and has the seating and quality for a major PGA tour event.

editor_photo.jpg

IM002153.JPG

Hpim1602.jpg

Archived