Whatever happened to the bridge project in LR?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're right. The potential is so great in Little Rock because there are six bridges. If different lighting schemes were used for each it could really make riverfront interesting from either side of the river.

I swear Apork, you need to tell the Chamber of Commerce or city governments about this, you got some great ideas. :thumbsup:

I think you're right. The potential is so great in Little Rock because there are six bridges. If different lighting schemes were used for each it could really make riverfront interesting from either side of the river.

Lighting the bridges is a great idea, but I'd also like to see them given some color, like the yellow bridges in Pittsburgh, for example (aka the City of Bridges.) The renderings for the Junction Bridge show some red, but a lot of drab grey. I'd prefer to see the entire thing painted a bright red or some other bright color that stood out. An alternative would be to paint all of the bridges the same color, which might mean toning down the color a little, but not so much that they don't stand out in shots of downtown.

Lighting the bridges is a great idea, but I'd also like to see them given some color, like the yellow bridges in Pittsburgh, for example (aka the City of Bridges.) The renderings for the Junction Bridge show some red, but a lot of drab grey. I'd prefer to see the entire thing painted a bright red or some other bright color that stood out. An alternative would be to paint all of the bridges the same color, which might mean toning down the color a little, but not so much that they don't stand out in shots of downtown.

I like the idea of painting the bridges different colors, or at least painting the steel and leaving the concrete on the non-railroad bridges its natural color (e.g. painting the steel on the Broadway Bridge green or blue for example). That's actually a very good idea you have there. I would like to see an array of diffent colors.

Similarly, if you're going to light the bridges not all of the lights should be white (though some should). That's what makes the lighting on the bridges and the MetroMover in Miami so cool.

I like keeping the bridges in the most original way colors as possible and preserving them to their fullest.

Yet, I think it would be cool at night to have huge light lamps pointed at the bridges to turn them different colors, so you would get the best of both worlds during the entire day.

^

That's what I'm talking about.

You could have one blue, one orange, one red, etc.

It would also be cool to be able to rotate the color on each bridge every hour or so. If all 6 bridges were lit, then each color moves one bridge to the west. (yellow, blue, orange, green, red, purple)

I like keeping the bridges in the most original way colors as possible and preserving them to their fullest.

Yet, I think it would be cool at night to have huge light lamps pointed at the bridges to turn them different colors, so you would get the best of both worlds during the entire day.

I agree with you and the huge light lamps are a great idea. There are so many things you can do with the different colors to celebrate different occasions.

Thanks to everyone who provided the excellent examples.

• 1 month later...

One month later. Anyone heard anything new on the bridge project?

From the Pulaski County Purchasing Department: "Pulaski County, Arkansas Bridge Facility Board will receive sealed bids on a General Contract for the Junction Bridge Pedestrian Conversion. The scope of work consists of converting the existing Junction Railroad Bridge to a Pedestrian Bridge in order to provide a link between Little Rock and North Little Rock and connect the two cities

From the Pulaski County Purchasing Department: "Pulaski County, Arkansas Bridge Facility Board will receive sealed bids on a General Contract for the Junction Bridge Pedestrian Conversion. The scope of work consists of converting the existing Junction Railroad Bridge to a Pedestrian Bridge in order to provide a link between Little Rock and North Little Rock and connect the two cities

• 2 weeks later...

Archived