Whatever happened to the bridge project in LR?

• 1 month later...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wetland park and the Clinton Park Bridge updates.

Maybe it's just me, but when coming across the bridge, the new Bill Clark Wetlands Park's aesthetic looks extremely out of place in context with the contemporary work of the Clinton Center, Heifer, and the urban environment in general. It would have been nice to see this developed in a language that wasn't so derivative.

Maybe it's just me, but when coming across the bridge, the new Bill Clark Wetlands Park's aesthetic looks extremely out of place in context with the contemporary work of the Clinton Center, Heifer, and the urban environment in general. It would have been nice to see this developed in a language that wasn't so derivative.

I agree. Out of place like the look of the nature center in the River Market. I don't under the little house on stilts in the wetlands park.

I agree. Out of place like the look of the nature center in the River Market. I don't under the little house on stilts in the wetlands park.

The "little house on stilts" is a bat house. Go over to the nature center and they'll tell you all about it. I'll agree that the nature center is cheesy looking, but the wetland's park is just fine in my opinion.

Imagine what it would be like if the cantilevered shopping/eating spaces would have happened on the bridge. It would have become our own "River Walk." I wish so badly that some of the successful businessmen and philanthropists would have gotten behind the idea. Oh well... sleep.gif

Imagine what it would be like if the cantilevered shopping/eating spaces would have happened on the bridge. It would have become our own "River Walk." I wish so badly that some of the successful businessmen and philanthropists would have got behind the idea. Oh well... sleep.gif

I'm not quite following you here. Where are you talking about? What opportunity?

I'm not quite following you here. Where are you talking about? What opportunity?

At one time there were plans being drawn for a cantilevered shopping/dinning "mall" off of the bridge across from the Clinton library. I saw a rendering of it. The opportunity would have been to make a unique public area different than any other city.

I vaguely remember those plans. Now that I think about it, it was while back. I believe they were trying to find something to make Little Rock stand out. I remember the restaurant/hotel/retail options, but also the option of some type of observation tower in

the downtown area. Do they have the plans you're speaking of online?

I vaguely remember those plans. Now that I think about it, it was while back. I believe they were trying to find something to make Little Rock stand out. I remember the restaurant/hotel/retail options, but also the option of some type of observation tower in

the downtown area. Do they have the plans you're speaking of online?

I actually searched extensively online but alas my attempts proved futile. :-(

If my memory serves me correctly, it was UALR's business department who provided the renderings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Views from the bridge.

There are two complaints I have about the bridge. There are no benches on the bridge, unlike the Junction Bridge and the other is the RV Park at the base of the NLR side.

Wow...fantastic photographs. I'm going to give credit to the photographer more so than the equipment, but what did you use to shoot that?

BTW, I concur...why no benches? The bridge project overall was clearly budget challenged.

Wow...fantastic photographs. I'm going to give credit to the photographer more so than the equipment, but what did you use to shoot that?

BTW, I concur...why no benches? The bridge project overall was clearly budget challenged.

The pictures of the bridge were taken with a Sony Cybershot H55. As I said before I like a camera that fits in my pocket, It takes better pictures if you have your back to the sun but it doesn't do a good job in low light.

Archived