The Arlington

monsoon

No one answered my past post about how much of the pink light gets reflected back into the residences.

I could be wrong, but I would think that things would look less pink inside since that's the wavelength being reflected out. I have a pair of red-tinted sunglasses and they make trees, grass, etc look more vividly green. They're nice to wear in the summer.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pricey penthouse, for a building not especially lauded!

No one answered my past post about how much of the pink light gets reflected back into the residences.

The pink color does not reflect inside, it reflects outside. But there is an active color filtering as light from the outside comes in - the blue light is reduced. Other than that all looks in normal colors. Now, there is a reflection from internal light at night, but it is not pink at all. It is a deep golden color.

The pink color does not reflect inside, it reflects outside. But there is an active color filtering as light from the outside comes in - the blue light is reduced. Other than that all looks in normal colors. Now, there is a reflection from internal light at night, but it is not pink at all. It is a deep golden color.

Is this reflected into the units at night? A blue hue? If the light reflects in at night can you see out?

If there are non-Arlington residences or businesses nearby, surely they are bathed with pink light all day.

Personally, the only drawback I see with the pink hue is the reflected light to the immediate neighborhood. I wonder if it could be classified as light pollution~~

Unfortunately I haven't seen it in person. But from a few blocks away, the Arlington must look really distinctive!

If there are non-Arlington residences or businesses nearby, surely they are bathed with pink light all day.

Personally, the only drawback I see with the pink hue is the reflected light to the immediate neighborhood. I wonder if it could be classified as light pollution~~

It does cast a pink hue when the sun is setting -- it goes down south of the building and the reflection, on a sunny day, is intense on Factory South. I kinda think it is cool, but then again I don't live there and only am in it occationally.

We here at UP are obviously interested in urban architecture more than the average Joe on the street. In general, we probably have higher expectations.

I could see how Joe Sixpack might find the Arlington really fun, as he drives by on 277!

Maybe we're being a bit harsh on the Arlington?

I'm sure I mention this from time to time, so i'll go ahead and restate my opinion.

I have nothing wrong with the pink glass. It is something unique. I do dislike how the balconies, columns, and roof and parking deck are designed......the pink glass would have been fine on a better executed building.

I second atlrvr. The balconies look like an afterthought. I seriously thought this was an office building for about a year after moving to Charlotte. It does not look like an inviting building to live in.

Is this reflected into the units at night? A blue hue? If the light reflects in at night can you see out?

You can see out really well - think of this as if wearing pink hue glasses

There is no pink inside. It is all on the outside, and to answer another question, yes it can be resirfaced.

You can see out really well - think of this as if wearing pink hue glasses

There is no pink inside. It is all on the outside, and to answer another question, yes it can be resirfaced.

resurfaced is what I meant. But it is expensive, this glass is heat treated, meant ot hold out up to 140 mph wind, all have to agree to do that. As I said, there is no pink hue inside at any time. It is all on the outside. Filters out the blue light nicely, makes for really nice and dramatic skyline. The reflection at night from the inside is dark gold - I'll have to post a few pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

OK, so I have been watching the Observer poll on the best view of the skyline. The pink building keeps jumping ahead every time the voting gets close.... suspicious.... what do they have to gain by winning? They will lose the view as soon as financing is available and the condos left are on the non-view side. Is hiring a spamer the solution to the problem?

• 4 years later...

Toured the Arlington Penthouse #2301 (http://www.carolinahome.com/findahome/listingreport.aspx?mlsnum=2129271) they are going to have a awful time selling this unit. The reason there are only 2 photos of the unit posted is because the pool was apparently leaking for about 6 months and no one was living in the unit so the ceiling and floor are completely ruined. According to the guy at the front desk the HOA has no plans of repairing it because the people in the unit never payed HOA dues. So basically this unit needs to be completely gutted and redone. 

Toured the Arlington Penthouse #2301 (http://www.carolinahome.com/findahome/listingreport.aspx?mlsnum=2129271) they are going to have a awful time selling this unit. The reason there are only 2 photos of the unit posted is because the pool was apparently leaking for about 6 months and no one was living in the unit so the ceiling and floor are completely ruined. According to the guy at the front desk the HOA has no plans of repairing it because the people in the unit never payed HOA dues. So basically this unit needs to be completely gutted and redone.

what are the HOA dues? If I could get the price down 100-150k I'd maybe be interested.

what are the HOA dues? If I could get the price down 100-150k I'd maybe be interested.

Yeah I dont think they have any plans on letting it go for that anytime soon but that is truly what it is worth right now.... HOA dues are 1400. 

Yeah I dont think they have any plans on letting it go for that anytime soon but that is truly what it is worth right now.... HOA dues are 1400. 

holy crap, 1400

Archived