Chapman Cultural Center

hub-city

Well the dirt in that first picture is hopefully going to be the site of the USC Upstate School of Business & Economics. We won't know for sure until December. There is also a plan that was submitted to the City to redevelop Renaissance Park. Things are slowly starting to fill in around there.

I kind of wonder why they chose ginkgo trees to put in there. I at least hope they are male ginkgos (the ones that don't smell like crap in the spring).

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The buzz about the Chapman Cultural Center has reached all the way to Texas! I was at the Museum of Modern Art in Fort Worth on Sunday. When the staff learned I was from Spartanburg, they said "oh, isnt that where you have that great new arts center? Weve been hearing alot about how wonderful it is." More kudos to Spartanburg, Barnet, and the Chapmans.

(BTW, museum in Fort Worth is amazing, definitely worth a detour if you are ever in the area.)

• 1 month later...

Archived