First Nashville Green Roof - Westview

In cooperation with TVA and NES the Westview residential building where I live is building the first environmentally friendly greenroof in downtown Nashville. The roof with have a minimum of 70% plant coverage when complete. The benefits include reducing the effect of the 'heat sink' in downtown areas and up to a 70% reduction in waste water runoff. I will update as the project progresses. (Sorry for the picture quality, they are from my cell phone) :)

Westview Roof Masterplan

masterplan.gif

Specimen Grid

specimengrid.gif

PDF if you want detail (large file approx 4-5MB)

Westview Masterplan

Northeast View

roofnortheast.jpg

East View

roofeast.jpg

West View

roofwest.jpg

Roof Progress 1

progress1.jpg

Roof Progress 2

westview.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ You live there? Wow I've wondered about if folks were living there yet, and I remember Dave and I having a similar conversation during a downtown jaunt back in the spring. That would be a very interesting and neat place to reside IMO. Very unique. The views from that rooftop garden are going to be awesome too.

How much of the building is occupied and how has your experience been there so far? If you don't mind me asking.

^ You live there? Wow I've wondered about if folks were living there yet, and I remember Dave and I having a similar conversation during a downtown jaunt back in the spring. That would be a very interesting and neat place to reside IMO. Very unique. The views from that rooftop garden are going to be awesome too.

How much of the building is occupied and how has your experience been there so far? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks Rural King.

We moved in in July and the building sold the last unit last week (though I am not sure if it has closed). Coming from Farragut outside of Knoxville the setting is quite different. Classic suburb v. urban, but I must say I love it so far. The building has 10 units and all of the residents are completely different. We have families, empty nesters and singles.

Archived