I-385 at Butler

gs3

Does anybody have info on the development going up at I-385 and Butler Road? Was by there today and a sign is up for a restaurant called Pawley's Charcoal Grill, the sign was the permanent sign and looked pretty quality. There is also a 2 or 3 floor, fairly sizable office building going up. Anybody know who is developing this area? Is it a planned office/restaurant/retail development? Right down Butler is Crescentwood Village retail and townhomes by McCarr, but this looks separate from that. Any info?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked this place out on the web....couldn't find anything. Must be local owned. I did find a place called the Charcoal House in Pawleys Island.....funny this is Pawleys Charcoal Steakhouse......wonder if it's the same group? Anybody have info?

I live and work near hear, so I'll make it a point to ask around work tomorrow to see if anyone knows about this site. I've seen it for a while now, but payed it little attention.

Cool! :thumbsup: Thanks! I hadn't paid much attention until recently either, but it's a sizable chunk of land being developed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pawleys Charcoal Syeakhouse is open and I checked it out tonight. Great place....good atmosphere, nice bar area. The interior is very Pawleys Island / Low Country. Very well done. Great menu! I was talking with a couple of people who work there, asking about the company, was it chain, etc. They said this is the first, group of local investors, and they have plans to open additional locations, possible franchise. Check it out. They also said two other restaurants are scheduled to open in this development....chains.....they wouldn't give names or didn't know.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
More development coming for this area. Kinda surprised development in this area has taken so long to happen. I would have thought spillover from Woodruff would have come down this way long ago. I am not sure I would really consider this true sprawl though, and it may actually act to densify the "sparsely" developed area between Gville and Sville off 385.

Archived