Is something going on at Lowes Motor Speedway?

Neo

I work close to the speedway and go home down 29, passing right by the speedway. On my way home this afternoon I noticed they're setting up a rather large something across 29 from the track in the corner where the CATS Express park and ride lot is located. Looked to me like it was a rather large stage setup but I could be wrong. 18 wheelers were pulling in with more equipment and structure as I passed. Yellow seems to be the prominent color of the metals, etc. Does anyone know what's going on? None of this was here on my way to work this morning and there are no more races this year and no concerts that I'm aware of. :blink:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work close to the speedway and go home down 29, passing right by the speedway. On my way home this afternoon I noticed they're setting up a rather large something across 29 from the track in the corner where the CATS Express park and ride lot is located. Looked to me like it was a rather large stage setup but I could be wrong. 18 wheelers were pulling in with more equipment and structure as I passed. Yellow seems to be the prominent color of the metals, etc. Does anyone know what's going on? None of this was here on my way to work this morning and there are no more races this year and no concerts that I'm aware of. :blink:

According to WSOC TV it is for the Will Ferell movie.

A2

Its the Cirque Du Soliel.......I drive by lowes everyday.....did you notice the progress on the new Embassy Suites by chance.....6 floors complete already.....Im hoping motorists on 85 will be able to see the top few floors when its complete. The hotel sits up on a hill.

Its the Cirque Du Soliel.......I drive by lowes everyday.....did you notice the progress on the new Embassy Suites by chance.....6 floors complete already.....Im hoping motorists on 85 will be able to see the top few floors when its complete. The hotel sits up on a hill.

Yeah, that's what it is. Last night I went by there and they had Cirque Du Soleil trucks parked by 29 that weren't there when I had passed that afternoon.

Also, I've been watching that development everyday on the Embassy Suites tower. It's roughly even with the trees at the moment when looking from 29, so in a few weeks it should be noticable from other places. Not sure if it will be viewable from 85 though since it's a in a dip a bit. Also, have you seen the new three story office building their putting up on 29 past Morehead?

Yeah, that's what it is. Last night I went by there and they had Cirque Du Soleil trucks parked by 29 that weren't there when I had passed that afternoon.

Also, I've been watching that development everyday on the Embassy Suites tower. It's roughly even with the trees at the moment when looking from 29, so in a few weeks it should be noticable from other places. Not sure if it will be viewable from 85 though since it's a in a dip a bit. Also, have you seen the new three story office building their putting up on 29 past Morehead?

I drove by that new 3 story building yesterday in fact. Charlotte and Concord are truly meshing together.

Archived