• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skyybutter

Concord Mills Car theft

Skyybutter    60

I recently had my Honda Accord stolen from Concord mills. This happened to me once in Philly and I never dreamed I would have to worry about it here in Charlotte. The funny thing is that I finally gave in while living in philly and bought a Club to go on the steering wheel. Guess where the Club was when my car was stolen this week. Laying in the back seat.lol... Im sure the culprits got a kick out of that because they definately didnt gain anything valuable by taking my vehicle.

My question is this. Are car thefts common at Charlotte area malls? I figure it was some kids trying to get into a gang or something along that line.

ngp    0

Honda theft is common everywhere. If you've gotta have a Honda, I've always heard that a manual transmission deters most thieves.

DigitalSky    5

I'm sorry your car was stolen. I think car thefts at malls have been pretty steady, of course SouthPark's gone up ever since the parking decks around the malls have been built, and I think Eastland's and Carolina Place's have been moderate.. it's happening though so you're not the only one

monsoon    0

There was an article on the news today that said car thefts are up greatly throughout the Piedmont. I remember them saying they were up 100% in even the smaller places like Hickory. They attribute a lot of the increase in thefts to the much higher gas prices.