BBQ Festival

Noneck_08

Just to let everyone know, the famous BBQ Festival will be held this Saterday in Lexington. It's one of the biggest festivals in the state and was created to celebrate our world famous pork BBQ. But anyway, me along with my dog will be there threw out the day since I live a few blocks from downtown. I'll also be down on Railroad St. to greet the Piedmont and Carolinian which will be making special stops here in town. Hope to see you all there and I will take pics to post on here later too.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't they have the BBQ festival in Kinston or Goldsboro where the better BBQ is?? I always wondered about that...

NOT!! :shok:

Everyone better come down and taste the BBQ that's got Eastern Style Beat!! The best BBQ in NC is Lexington Style!!! Wish I could make this years festival, but I am holding an Estate sale this weekend. Maybe next year

MMMMMM!!

Well, I've been uptown the last 3 hours or so eating and such. I have some photo's for right now and ill take some more when I go back up there later on.

First, the northbound Carolinian slows to make it's special stop. About 45 people got off here.

jjtrainslexveg0198ez.jpg

jjtrainslexveg0231jj.jpg

After unloading it's passengers, the Carolinian pulls of north. While about 30 mins later the southbound Piedmont arrives with 140 people in tow for the festival.

jjtrainslexveg0322pn.jpg

jjtrainslexveg0342dv.jpg

A fleet of passengers, make there way up 1st Avenue towards Main St. and the festival.

jjtrainslexveg0363af.jpg

Since I didn't have breakfest before I left, I went and bought me a BBQ sandwhich. Since it was early, the lines weren't very long. However there was a good crowd out and I was just about a block or two into the festival.

jjtrainslexveg0393en.jpg

jjtrainslexveg0406is.jpg

jjtrainslexveg0417lc.jpg%7Boption%7D

And again, I'll take some more pics later on today when I go back out.

• 11 months later...

I attended this event today, (year later) and was taken back by how large this festival is. It rivals anything that I have seen in downtown Charlotte except for that it was a cleaner crowd. The weather was very nice so the place was absolutely packed. The BBQ they were selling at the event was so so, (I'm not a big fan of Lexington style BBQ) but it was a nice festive to attend. I'm impressed by Lexington's downtown. It's nice to see the revival taking place there.

I was in Augsburg, Germany last November. We were talking to one of the food vendors at the outdoor Christmas market (he spoke excellent English, thank goodness). He said he had been to a town in the US called Lexington. I think he had family there. I asked him if it was Lexington, KY. He hesitated, as if reaching for a word, then said, "uhhhh....BBQ"! :shok: He was talking about our Lexington!

It truly is a small world.

I missed the festival for the first time this year, as we had went up to Asheville(my first time...great city). Im glad you enjoyed it monsoon and who ever knew Lexington had so much cred lol. I'll probley head up to Smokey Joes later this week and grab me a bite after school.

Just to let everyone know, the famous BBQ Festival will be held this Saterday in Lexington. It's one of the biggest festivals in the state and was created to celebrate our world famous pork BBQ. But anyway, me along with my dog will be there threw out the day since I live a few blocks from downtown. I'll also be down on Railroad St. to greet the Piedmont and Carolinian which will be making special stops here in town. Hope to see you all there and I will take pics to post on here later too.

• 11 months later...

Archived