Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

Shin is also a Hebrew letter--- maybe it'll be Kabbalah Cuisine.

Hebrew, Oriental... as long as it is something other than the what has become the norm around here... Modern American, American Fusion, etc. We have enough of that already. I know we have different flavors in other areas of the city, but a little culture in the core would be nice.

My favorite Cuban restaurant a few years back was El Bohio on Dahlia Drive in Azalea Park and they used to let you bring your own wine or beer, there was an ABC right there at one time.

i went there today! their registers aren't in service yet so the coffee was on the house!!! :D AND they gave me 2 coupons each for a free cafe and pastry! im totally going back

i like it..small lil coffee shop ... ill post pix later from my phone if anyone cares :P

i went there today! their registers aren't in service yet so the coffee was on the house!!! :D AND they gave me 2 coupons each for a free cafe and pastry! im totally going back

i like it..small lil coffee shop ... ill post pix later from my phone if anyone cares :P

woops i quoted the wrong post! anyways this was suppose to be commented from the ROHO post a couple pages back...

sorry for the blurry / crappy pix ... phone camera -_-

07-16-07_1353.jpg

07-16-07_1331.jpg

A tapas restuarant called Ceviche is coming to Church St Station soon. They have locations in Tampa and St Pete

Ceviche

They have a sign in one of the windows that says they are hiring for all positions. For those not frequenting downtown, it is taking over the space that was most recently Pearl Steakhouse.

Also across the street will be The Dessert Lady II. She does the desserts for Charlie's Steakhouse among others. I wonder if that will be a place to get desserts as well as catering to the other restaurants downtown (like a dessert wholesaler).

They have a sign in one of the windows that says they are hiring for all positions. For those not frequenting downtown, it is taking over the space that was most recently Pearl Steakhouse.

Also across the street will be The Dessert Lady II. She does the desserts for Charlie's Steakhouse among others. I wonder if that will be a place to get desserts as well as catering to the other restaurants downtown (like a dessert wholesaler).

ooo yum i cant wait! i cant wait to walk there for lunch!

Chemmie I agree 110%, any sports bar facility would do handsome business in the CBD. Assuming no additional projects were built, with the current vacancies in mind where would you guys expect a sports bar to do the best?

Honestly, I'm not sure. Maybe a little farther way in Colonialtown, like Bumby and Colonial... Or near Mills and Virginia, once the project is built. That way you could bring in traffic from Winter Park and farther east on Colonial.

Rent would be so expensive in one of the new buildings, but around Lake Eola, Thornton Park would be great, obviously.

The majority of people living in that area now are young professionals who, most likely, would enjoy watching some sports, drinking beer and eating wings. What's not to like about that??

Not everything downtown needs to be stuffy and snooty.

I'm just reminded of Jocks and Jills in Atlanta. The downtown one is HUGE and has TVs everywhere. It's almost a local tourist destination on gamedays. It is packed.

Anyone want to lend me about a million dollars or so? I'll get this thing built.

Am I correct in assuming District 5 is done?

The sign is covered up with a plastic "Hotel and Diner Now Open!" sign.

Looks like The Lexington people have given up all hope. They've declared bankruptcy and are now trying to salvage anything by bringing the property back to what it was before they got hold of it.

what do u consider a sport bar?

I, for one, take great pleasure in eating at (sports) establishments with scantily (sp?) clad women that bring me sloppy wings and ice cold pitchers of beer. A good sports bar requires little or no rotation of ones seat in order to view a television. My ideal sprots bar has a mirror with an integrated television set at the urinal with perhaps a flat screen at the sink so I don't have to miss a second of my favorite Orlando team getting beat. High ceilings are a plus too.

Edited by orlandonative