Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

I think a sports bar across from the new arena location would be ideal. Maybe in that TerraCon building with the frosted glass on Central and just behind the new Fed Courthouse.

In Boston across the street from Fenway, there is a row of converted garages that are all bars and the places are packed. Something like that (a little nicer though) near the new arena would be ideal.

corrected ;)

http://brewzzi.com/

much more upscale feel for downtown, i wish one would open anywhere up here, i loved it when i went in boca.

Sunshine: the whole purpose of a downtown is to be unique and different, culinarily speaking :)

That looks similar to BJ's Brewhouse, which isn't bad. That too would fit in well downtown despite the negative review the Sentinel gave it; I actually like it. It's hit or miss depending on the service really. The inside of BJ's is pretty bad ass too!

District 5 is done and it will be changed back to Angel diner format serving breakfast and lunch.

I dont frequent breeder bars but isnt the bar across from tijuana flat has a TV in it?

what do u consider a sport bar?

Breeder bar? That's a little crass on your part, Sunshine.

I think a sports bar across from the new arena location would be ideal. Maybe in that TerraCon building with the frosted glass on Central and just behind the new Fed Courthouse.

In Boston across the street from Fenway, there is a row of converted garages that are all bars and the places are packed. Something like that (a little nicer though) near the new arena would be ideal.

Like the earlier reference to Atlanta's Jock and Jill's, this is the exact set up Atlanta has... so, perhaps we will have one directly across the street/attached to the Arena. Weren't there plans for 3:5 of the restaurants in the new arena to be public?

Edited by WeNeed2Progress

I love BJ's brewhouse (by the Mall at Millenia)! They have THE BEST beer and that huge-ass screen at the bar will be nice when college football comes back!

We need something like this downtown! The Clubhouse is OK but is kind of down-scale and overrun with Gator fans (I'm a seminole fan).

I love BJ's brewhouse (by the Mall at Millenia)! They have THE BEST beer and that huge-ass screen at the bar will be nice when college football comes back!

We need something like this downtown! The Clubhouse is OK but is kind of down-scale and overrun with Gator fans (I'm a seminole fan).

Write to them through their site and plant the seed. I will as well. They are looking at another location in Atlamonte and were considering Hunters Creek, but I believe that has been cancelled.

Their beer is good but it can't compete with the Orlando Brewing Co. However, that is most def. not a sports bar, not unless you use their wi-fi to stream video of a game to your laptop. Also no food which is sad for a brewery. We need something like the Tampa Bay Brewing Co.

BJ's has got one super TV over their bar that is pretty impressive.

Back to downtown though, there was a ok place next to the comedy club on Church a few years back in what used to be the entrance into the Exchange. Huge celings. Totally empty all the time.

For a cheap beer you've got to go out to the Hideaway or Johnny's Filling Station or something....Actually Houlihans has a pretty good happy hour too.

Breeder bar? That's a little crass on your part, Sunshine.

I hate pc ness but I agree. Should I say I don't usually go to the negro bars? Now there surely are bars mostly or totally patronized by black people, but me saying it like that leads one to think that I don't go there because I don't care for 'those people'.

So a breeder bar, that's any bar with straight people? Or just a pick-up joint?

I hate pc ness but I agree. Should I say I don't usually go to the negro bars? Now there surely are bars mostly or totally patronized by black people, but me saying it like that leads one to think that I don't go there because I don't care for 'those people'.

or perhaps its a bar where straight people are trying to make babies right there on the tables.

Just a quick note that I ate at Doc's last night and the service has gotten SO MUCH better than my last visit (about 5 months ago). I ate there about 4 or 5 times last year and the service was always spotty - though the food is top notch. It seems like they got the service thing ironed out and they just entered my "eating circle" again. :)

THANK GOD for my high metabolism :P

On a side note, is the university club taking over that floor that has the martini bar? It was "closed for a private function" last night and I'm wondering if that will be from hereon. I should have asked but those damned martini's seem to have distracted me! :wacko:

I was thinking a "breeder bar" is a family friendly bar, where young couples bring their little snotnosed kids to run around and scream all over the place while mommy and daddy get drunk to forget how miserable they are for having children.

Most sportsbar type places match this description.

I was thinking a "breeder bar" is a family friendly bar, where young couples bring their little snotnosed kids to run around and scream all over the place while mommy and daddy get drunk to forget how miserable they are for having children.

Most sportsbar type places match this description.

Well said!

;)

Breeder bar is a derogatory (in a comical way) description for any bar that isn't explicitly gay ore one that is like Pulse (gay bar) vs. Antigua (breeder bar). It's used primarily in gay speak and shouldn't be taken as offensive, it's more a joke than anything.

Was walking over to starbucks this morning for my fix and saw that Central City Market is closed. There is paper on the windows and a note that they are remodeling it and when it opens it will be called CityFish which is described as "an urban take on the coastal fish shack" and that it will be a casual restaurant serving fresh fish and will have a full bar.

Sounds great to me! :) IMHO, central city went way down when they converted from the market concept to the restaurant concept. Their food just wasn't that good.

which one is central city market? the one by the sushi place or the one across from publix?

It's the one to the left of the sushi place. The one across from the new publix was Market St. Cafe (which is now being turned into Spice steakhouse). There is another Spice steakhouse on Park Ave in WP. It looked really nice and trendy (and expensive). I'll have to try it sometime...

They didn't say when CityFish was opening, but I hope soon because cheap "seafood shack" type food sounds good to me!

Now, all we need is a great Jazz Club and a s-w-e-e-t sports bar d/t and I'll be set! :) (BTW - I wrote to BJ's brewery and begged them to open one downtown). That would make me happy.

Edited by corpkid

Was walking over to starbucks this morning for my fix and saw that Central City Market is closed. There is paper on the windows and a note that they are remodeling it and when it opens it will be called CityFish which is described as "an urban take on the coastal fish shack" and that it will be a casual restaurant serving fresh fish and will have a full bar.

Sounds great to me! :) IMHO, central city went way down when they converted from the market concept to the restaurant concept. Their food just wasn't that good.

i guess i never got to try the food there when it was just a market concept...but i've always enjoyed the food when we've been there..i'll miss it! but im all for new food places to go to!

what kind of sport u like?

what happended to that "wolfgang puck"'s cook restraunt on Lee Lake side? and the fish place at the Star Tower?

I'm a college football junkie. Not sure about the Lee's Lakeside -- it's been under construction forever and I don't see any progress as of late. That spot would be perfect for a nice restaurant...

i was never a big fan of the food at Central Market either. But there burgers and seasoned fries were decent. Now where can i go downtown just to get a non-fastfood burger (thats not overpriced)?

Wildside has OK burgers for an OK price. Also, I think a few places on Wall St. have burgers but never had one so I can't attest to the quality.

Landsdowne is great! Just be careful if you're a Yank's fan. The whole complext is being ultra modernized. Maybe something like that can be constructed on West Church St.