Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

Breeder bar is a derogatory (in a comical way) description for any bar that isn't explicitly gay ore one that is like Pulse (gay bar) vs. Antigua (breeder bar). It's used primarily in gay speak and shouldn't be taken as offensive, it's more a joke than anything.

Oooh, I would have to agree with Antigua. I have to hide my head in shame when I get talked into going there for happy hour with people from work. Last time they tried to tell me that I couldn't get in to get beer spilled on me on classy 3 for 1 Friday night since I wasn't wearing a collared shirt (I was wearing a t-shirt from a German brewery http://vdusseldorf.ru/city/Restaurants/index.html?id=415 the uncultured beotchs).

I was thinking a "breeder bar" is a family friendly bar, where young couples bring their little snotnosed kids to run around and scream all over the place while mommy and daddy get drunk to forget how miserable they are for having children.

Most sportsbar type places match this description.

I've heard stories of Irish bars with children's toys in them.

Edited by neon9

Wildside has OK burgers for an OK price. Also, I think a few places on Wall St. have burgers but never had one so I can't attest to the quality.

One Eyed Jacks has an OK burger and they do a lunch special where it is five bucks with fries (maybe a soda). It's only on one day of the week and I don't remember which day. It's decent for lunch.

Oooh, I would have to agree with Antigua. I have to hide my head in shame when I get talked into going there for happy hour with people from work. Last time they tried to tell me that I couldn't get in to get beer spilled on me on classy 3 for 1 Friday night since I wasn't wearing a collared shirt (I was wearing a t-shirt from a German brewery http://vdusseldorf.ru/city/Restaurants/index.html?id=415 the uncultured beotchs).

I've heard stories of Irish bars with children's toys in them.

Snob ;) . I'm just busting your balls. Every now and then you just have to hit three for ones though. I think 3-9 does it also, right? I know Paris used to do 4 for 1's.

• 2 weeks later...

2 things...

first, i found a place over at city view that serves coffee drinks (only $1.05 for a regular cup of joe - didn't have one so i don't know of what quality), a few desserts and gelati (cheaper than the place in TP) - this place is open every day from 8am - 8pm

second, the bar portion of the celt and the harp is open as of today... i will be heading down later tonight for a pint as they are open from 11am - 2am. this is located on magnolia next to the now defunct DMAC (that's pine street if you haven't heard of the dmac)

Word. I wanted to go this weekend but heard it would not be open until this week. I will have to check it out. When does the restaurant open?

Last night was their grand opening. Ms. Mulvaney (didn't get her first name) said the restaurant would open soon. There was no fish n chips on the bar side menu since the Harp will be a fish establishment. I had a roast beef sandwich with onions and cheese and at first glance, I thought it was going to be dried out beef. Was I surprised. That sandwich (The Dubliner) was delicious. Large flat screens in a couple of places. They had SKY TV on with the latest soccer news from the UK. I really didn't know there were that many soccer teams. I can just imagine if the US plays Ireland in the World Cup. The Irish flags waving outside and screams toward The Clubhouse where the US flags would be waving back at them.

Last night was their grand opening. Ms. Mulvaney (didn't get her first name) said the restaurant would open soon. There was no fish n chips on the bar side menu since the Harp will be a fish establishment. I had a roast beef sandwich with onions and cheese and at first glance, I thought it was going to be dried out beef. Was I surprised. That sandwich (The Dubliner) was delicious. Large flat screens in a couple of places. They had SKY TV on with the latest soccer news from the UK. I really didn't know there were that many soccer teams. I can just imagine if the US plays Ireland in the World Cup. The Irish flags waving outside and screams toward The Clubhouse where the US flags would be waving back at them.

i had the beef and mushroom pie at the celt tonight . . . and it was fantastic! also, soccer on the large flat screen. this will certainly become my place to go for soccer instead of having to squeeze into fiddler's or make the drive to best of british down on i-drive. and not only was the food fantastic, but they really did a nice job with the finishing touches on the place itself. even the ceiling is pretty!

Crap- the breakfast club doesn't seem to be all that "clean" (duh!)....

Anyways, the single best place to eat before and after a hangover! :lol:

^ that place has pancakes that could stuff an elephant

i still go with the ihop at summerlin and 50, although at 3am, that place gets way too packed and loud... but if you are loud, you won't stand out too much in that place

or chuck's on mills - not the greatest, but 24 hours on the weekends (if my memory serves me correct - haven't been there in awhile)

or chuck's on mills - not the greatest, but 24 hours on the weekends (if my memory serves me correct - haven't been there in awhile)

They're still doing their thing... It's a good hop from Thorton park, so I have to side with the Breakfast club as it's so close to where I live and, well, it sure does TASTE good (and they are prob. the fastest diner I've ever seen).

Speaking of beer, has anyone been to the Orlando Brewing Co. on Atlanta? Bad location but great organic beer.

Also, I think Scruffy Murphys is moving in to the College Park location that used to be Gio's, and before that Adair's.

Hopefully the location isn't cursed.

Just ate at BJ's over at Millennia and saw we are getting a Village Tavern! It's going right next to Circuit City. I ate at one of these in Scottsdale and it was really, really good (and the prices weren't off the hook either). I was happy when I saw the BJ's go up - now I'm even more excited. Anyone seen my treadmill?

http://www.villagetavern.com/

Speaking of beer, has anyone been to the Orlando Brewing Co. on Atlanta? Bad location but great organic beer.

Also, I think Scruffy Murphys is moving in to the College Park location that used to be Gio's, and before that Adair's.

Hopefully the location isn't cursed.

Orlando Brewing is fantastic. I just wish they were allowed to serve food. Those guys aren't afraid to make a beer that'll kick you in the butt. A lot of the brewhouse restaurants like Hops and BJs just don't get crazy enough for me. It's like they're afraid of going big and bold with their beer. Orlando Brewing isn't afraid!

i just walked by the old coffeehouse of thronton park and was delighted to see a new sign in the window, "aroma coffee and wine bar." i popped my head in, and the guys said they'll be opening sometime next week at 7 a.m.

coffees, espressos, wines, and fancy foods (one that popped off the menu was "mozzarella and prosciutto") yum!