Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

thanks! :wub: i rarely go out for lunch, if i do i take out, otherwise i'd say we should have a UP orlando Meetup!!!

yum! i must try...

oh! and how could i forget..we had a group go out to POM POM's on saturday during their 2nd weekend run of being open for 24hours on the weekend! and how i was pleasantly surprised that the sandwiches were uber yummy nicely toasted and everything tasted very fresh! i even had a cupcake (which look eerily like sweets cupcakes, priced the same $3) i had a make your own sandwich with roast beef, motz, spicy mustard, and some other random goodness...the place is tiny, but our group of 10+ took over the joint for the couple hours we were there!

OK, seriously--- somehow we're running in the same circles. Don't tell me you've also recently tried Graze's Chocolate Ganache cake? Hahaha... Also, Pom's crepes are awesome after hitting up the bars on a Friday or Saturday night.

OK, seriously--- somehow we're running in the same circles. Don't tell me you've also recently tried Graze's Chocolate Ganache cake? Hahaha... Also, Pom's crepes are awesome after hitting up the bars on a Friday or Saturday night.

hahah i bet we are always sitting a table apart or something! if you ever see a pretty large group with mostly guys and a few girls (but mostly guys) that is probably us! we always like to go out to eat in large numbers ... im sure the restaurants hate it when we come in :P

haven't tried the cake at graze yet, by the time its time for dessert i am sooooo full ... definitely will try the crepes at pompom next time we go!

Was at Ember for Lunch today and was pleasantly surprised. Not as loud as it is at night, the staff was extremely friendly like I have not even experienced during lunch time in Downtown, and the food was on par with Urban Flats, but without the wait. Was in and out in 30-40 minutes.

went to gurtzberry near park ave...its on one of the off streets off of park ave and a block or so away from luma....nothing like cefiore but the ambiance is better than cefiore...(if that even matters that much when you are enjoying froyo)

they have some bogus story about how their grandma developed some recipe of frozen yogurt but all the branding material and how they do everything looks all too much suspiciously like a lot of the frozen yogurt vendors i have researched hahah although there could be some russian grandmother who made powdered frozen yogurt and decided after pinkberry's success that they would suddenly establish a non franchise frozen yogurt joint in winter park

on to how it tasted...its a lot more sour and thicker than cefiore, and a lot of review i have read that have had pink berry and cefiore ... put cefiore up at the top

its a nice addition to winter park, i know cefiore was looking to add another location in the park ave area...if they do still end up putting one up on park ave, i think they will run gurtzberry outta biz...

am i too harsh or what? hahahah

Edited by surina777

saturday, i shared a chocolate mousse and apple tart at the french bakery next to gurtzberry over there on morse. those suckers were delicious. maybe next time try the sweet treats instead of the yogurt!

u know i would have gone in there had they been open! i must try next time..i love french pastries

went to gurtzberry near park ave...its on one of the off streets off of park ave and a block or so away from luma....nothing like cefiore but the ambiance is better than cefiore...(if that even matters that much when you are enjoying froyo)

they have some bogus story about how their grandma developed some recipe of frozen yogurt but all the branding material and how they do everything looks all too much suspiciously like a lot of the frozen yogurt vendors i have researched hahah although there could be some russian grandmother who made powdered frozen yogurt and decided after pinkberry's success that they would suddenly establish a non franchise frozen yogurt joint in winter park

on to how it tasted...its a lot more sour and thicker than cefiore, and a lot of review i have read that have had pink berry and cefiore ... put cefiore up at the top

its a nice addition to winter park, i know cefiore was looking to add another location in the park ave area...if they do still end up putting one up on park ave, i think they will run gurtzberry outta biz...

am i too harsh or what? hahahah

I actually liked Gurtzberry... as much as CeFiore. What Gurtzberry has that CeFiore doesn't is pomegranate seed topping. Sooooo good. What CeFiore Orlando is missing is Red Bean topping of which I told Gurtzberry about. Both have fantastic customer service to note. Having a CeFiore on Park Ave may not hurt Gurtzberry. Downtown Burbank has at least three FroYo stores all of which are busy.

I actually liked Gurtzberry... as much as CeFiore. What Gurtzberry has that CeFiore doesn't is pomegranate seed topping. Sooooo good. What CeFiore Orlando is missing is Red Bean topping of which I told Gurtzberry about. Both have fantastic customer service to note. Having a CeFiore on Park Ave may not hurt Gurtzberry. Downtown Burbank has at least three FroYo stores all of which are busy.

burbank? u mean in cali? i dont think park ave has quite that much foot traffic, but both could do well...but if cefiore was actually on park ave... i think it has better chances to do exceedingly better

i did get the pomegranate when i went...which i definitely agree, i liked! but the actual yogurt was my complaint...i liked the texture and non heavy feeling of the yogurt at cefiore...this is not to say i wont go back to gurtzberry if i am on park ave...

Burger King Corp. plans to introduce the first-ever Whopper Bar at Universal CityWalk in the spring.

Burger King (NYSE: BKC) said the new concept, including a smaller footprint and more contemporary design than a typical restaurant, will feature a "Whopper topper" area that will allow buyers to customize their sandwiches. The menu also will have special versions of the signature sandwich, including the Angry Whopper, Western Whopper and the Ultimate Double Whopper.

The new concept also will allow Burger King to reach new customers where it traditionally had trouble operating, said Chuck Fallon, the chain's president of the North America region, in a prepared statement.

who woulda thunk it.... burger king becoming a bit more like fuddruckers... i think it would do well there...esp with the mounds of teenage kiddies that go to universal

Reminds me of the Old Burger Chef

burbank? u mean in cali? i dont think park ave has quite that much foot traffic, but both could do well...but if cefiore was actually on park ave... i think it has better chances to do exceedingly better

i did get the pomegranate when i went...which i definitely agree, i liked! but the actual yogurt was my complaint...i liked the texture and non heavy feeling of the yogurt at cefiore...this is not to say i wont go back to gurtzberry if i am on park ave...

Yeah, that's the Burbank... I'd compare say Park Ave. is a fair comparison, on weekends at least. Downtown Burbank mind you... not the entirety of Burbank/LA. I got the Green Tea yogurt, did you get the plain?

Ugh... back to fasting.

Yeah, that's the Burbank... I'd compare say Park Ave. is a fair comparison, on weekends at least. Downtown Burbank mind you... not the entirety of Burbank/LA. I got the Green Tea yogurt, did you get the plain?

Ugh... back to fasting.

I did raspberry, i tasted plain = too sour and tasted VERY much like Sweets by Hollys take on the froyo trend, i tasted chocolate (this i thought i would like and have been waiting for cefiore to get it) = absolutely hated it...way too sour of a taste for a chocolate flavour, but one of the guys in the group loved it...so definitely a preference thing

Just an update--- ROHO Cuban Coffee Co. reopened today at the City Arts Factory. I've not yet been, so cannot report whether or not it's the same awesomeness as before. Their website does say, however, that all drinks now through Thursday are $1! Let's go, I've been missing ROHO since they closed last year.

Edited by WeNeed2Progress

Just an update--- ROHO Cuban Coffee Co. reopened today at the City Arts Factory. I've not yet been, so cannot report whether or not it's the same awesomeness as before. Their website does say, however, that all drinks now through Thursday are $1! Let's go, I've been missing ROHO since they closed last year.

ha that is awesome! i didnt know they were trying to reopen, that cityarts area will be a better locale for them! so are they inside city arts? as apart of them? or just nearby? i liked it when they were trying their late night hours and u can get a cuban late at night instead of the typical pizza

ha that is awesome! i didnt know they were trying to reopen, that cityarts area will be a better locale for them! so are they inside city arts? as apart of them? or just nearby? i liked it when they were trying their late night hours and u can get a cuban late at night instead of the typical pizza

They are right there on the corner, I believe where the Ethnic/African artist's Studio was. They're right inside, and this month's Third Thursday is their grand opening. Late night coffee and such is exactly what I got to keep me going through the night on Friday--- two Cafe' Cubanos at $1 each! I cannot wait to get my mouth around a guava and cheese empanada. Mmm...

The owners are different than before, so let's wish them luck!

this wed a group of us are going to check out the bavarian bar & grill in longwood, the former owners of old germany in winterpark, not the recent ones, but the original owners of OG are back ...and i have heard its better than when they were at OG, so i'm excited to try it out, b/c after the new owners of OG took over and soon after failed to continue on with what the place was known for, the place slowly became what is is now, out of business!

did you guys know that the formerly club paris formerly dolce is now "LOVE" ... i saw a flyer for an event this thursday... i didnt even know they were looking to reopen this place into another failing night club! i wish they would just transform that place into something profitable...maybe a big restaurant chain like cheesecake factory or bj's brewhouse or something that has a bit more guaranteed success

this wed a group of us are going to check out the bavarian bar & grill in longwood, the former owners of old germany in winterpark, not the recent ones, but the original owners of OG are back ...and i have heard its better than when they were at OG, so i'm excited to try it out, b/c after the new owners of OG took over and soon after failed to continue on with what the place was known for, the place slowly became what is is now, out of business!

ok this place was definitely a taste of what they use to be! great space, could be better locale, but the food was good just like it use to be! willow tree in sanford is still prob the best german food in the area...but this place is definitely giving it some healthy competition!

i had chicken schnitzel, and spaetzel and a baked potato...hearty food, and so good!