Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

Hey Surina, I totally thought of you the other night. You may already know this, but there is a Ce' Fiore opening in Thornton Park next to Starbucks!!! There's another FroYo place next to where Ciento is going in 101 Eola.

ya i knew about cefiore, i asked the CP locale where the new one was going, so that is awesome! is there a date listed on opening day?

another one soo close? man...im so jealous, i need to do some small biz research and open one of these suckers up!

I enjoyed a nice Brunch at 310 on Park (old Sam Sneed location on Central). The food and service was pretty good and the revenovations have opened up the space to make it feel more spacious and bright.

ohhh good to know, i never went to sam sneads, but that is a nice location and 310 is good ... they still call it 310 on park? im surprised they didnt make it 310 on central hahah

Edited by surina777

• 2 weeks later...

sooo we went to timpano in restaurant row this past saturday and noticed that the rialto's restaurants started opening up!

J Alexanders was open, come to find out it has been open for a few weeks now, has anyone been? it appeared that the clientele was a lil ritzily dressed for what we were wearing so we went to timpano's but would love to hear if anyone has been and how it was!

sooo we went to timpano in restaurant row this past saturday and noticed that the rialto's restaurants started opening up!

J Alexanders was open, come to find out it has been open for a few weeks now, has anyone been? it appeared that the clientele was a lil ritzily dressed for what we were wearing so we went to timpano's but would love to hear if anyone has been and how it was!

Surina, there ia a nice thread over on Chowhound about J Alexanders. Everyone seems to like it.

I've been to j alexanders.

The food is good. Very large portions compared to most higher priced restaurants (tho the average entree is in the $25 range so it's not too outrageous)

Nice ambience, definitely an older crowd. I've had the fillet and was impressed. Overall worth checking out

I've been to j alexanders.

The food is good. Very large portions compared to most higher priced restaurants (tho the average entree is in the $25 range so it's not too outrageous)

Nice ambience, definitely an older crowd. I've had the fillet and was impressed. Overall worth checking out

good to know! seems pretty reasonable and right around what all the other big restaurants are price wise! i will def be checking it out soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I tried dinner at the new Mexican & Puerto Rican restaurant, El Coqui Mexicano, and it was like being welcomed into the owners/employee's home! They are beyond friendly, the prices are more than reasonable, and the food... simply excellent and authentic. I cannot wait to go back! The only downside is they don't have their credit card machine up and running as of yet. Even more fun it the alcohol is BYOB. They encourage it, I would even invite them to join you. I cannot emphasize how warm and welcoming this place is. Finally, some great Mexican (and Puerto Rican) cuisine near downtown.

Oh! It's on the corner of Washington and Bumby, behind the new used Bookstore, The Book Worm.

Redlight Redlight has been open for a few weeks now at their new location on Bennett Rd., just across the street from Roxy Nightclub. Redlight Redlight is Orlando's premier bar for beer nerds. They now have 15 amazing taps and still have an incredible bottle selection. Come by and try something new.

Is that the old Indian Curry place?

I'm not sure, but it wasn't a restaurant before this... check it out though!

As for Redlight, Redlight, they opened Election Night. It was great to celebrate a win and defeat with great beer! I think Big Daddy's does have more on tap, but Redlight, Redlight has more specialities and rarities.

I like a good selection of tap beers. I typically go to Jaxs and have been to Big Daddy's as well. Is the selection better at Redlight?

They have about 15 taps. The stuff they get is usually more rare than Big Daddy's. Jax and Big Daddy's have stuff like Bass, Harp, New Castle, Orange Blossom Pilsner, Blue Moon, etc... Redlight Redlight goes a little farther on the beer nerd scale. It is a beer nerd bar but also great for people who just like to try new things. I'm up there constantly and drinking something new and different every time.

Their bottle selection is very good, too, and also more rare.

Last night I tried dinner at the new Mexican & Puerto Rican restaurant, El Coqui Mexicano, and it was like being welcomed into the owners/employee's home! They are beyond friendly, the prices are more than reasonable, and the food... simply excellent and authentic. I cannot wait to go back! The only downside is they don't have their credit card machine up and running as of yet. Even more fun it the alcohol is BYOB. They encourage it, I would even invite them to join you. I cannot emphasize how warm and welcoming this place is. Finally, some great Mexican (and Puerto Rican) cuisine near downtown.

Oh! It's on the corner of Washington and Bumby, behind the new used Bookstore, The Book Worm.

Great recommendation Progress! Def. going back. This the kind of place I would love to see in downtown. Its fresh, authentic, cheap, ultra friendly, and its BYOB. How can you not like? Just bring more booze next time tho.

Great recommendation Progress! Def. going back. This the kind of place I would love to see in downtown. Its fresh, authentic, cheap, ultra friendly, and its BYOB. How can you not like? Just bring more booze next time tho.

Mmm... I'm on it! I have yet to be disappointed by this place. Their credit card machine is up and running now too!

They have about 15 taps. The stuff they get is usually more rare than Big Daddy's. Jax and Big Daddy's have stuff like Bass, Harp, New Castle, Orange Blossom Pilsner, Blue Moon, etc... Redlight Redlight goes a little farther on the beer nerd scale. It is a beer nerd bar but also great for people who just like to try new things. I'm up there constantly and drinking something new and different every time.

Their bottle selection is very good, too, and also more rare.

Went there Friday night. Good call. But left my free glass by accident.

Redlight Redlight has been open for a few weeks now at their new location on Bennett Rd., just across the street from Roxy Nightclub. Redlight Redlight is Orlando's premier bar for beer nerds. They now have 15 amazing taps and still have an incredible bottle selection. Come by and try something new.

ooo thanks for the tip! im not a beer nut, but my friends all are...and i wasnt a fan of the former location...def must check out the new place!

two things:

green day cafe, a new eco-friendly little fast-food wrap and sandwich place on lee road in the old taco bell building has very tasty salads and wraps. i got mixed greens with hummus and guac, and it was flavourful without using the organic salad dressing provided.

and i tried coqui mexicano last week. i had a fantastically spicy chicken sopes. good mofungo, but the bacalhau made the dish too salty (it was like they didn't soak the codfish long enough, which usually means days). i will definitely go back to try the nachos with tomatillio sauce that my friend raved about ... once, that is, we get over the fact that they overcharged our credit card almost 25% (which we thought was just an authorization as other places do, but it turned out to indeed be the amount they charged us.) i hope this was just a neophyte mistake!

• 3 weeks later...

We are headed to El Coqui tonight. Any word on the corkage fee?

We was not charged for the 2 bottles poured. We had to wait for them to wash the wine glasses, but they were more than accommodating. I just wish their hours were more predictable. I think weekends are until 9PM and during the week until 7 unless they have some event going on. The atmosphere is "encanto" and Evelyn and Rico are great hosts. I'd like them to expand their menu a bit but Evelyn says she'll cook whatever you want by appointment.

We was not charged for the 2 bottles poured. We had to wait for them to wash the wine glasses, but they were more than accommodating. I just wish their hours were more predictable. I think weekends are until 9PM and during the week until 7 unless they have some event going on. The atmosphere is "encanto" and Evelyn and Rico are great hosts. I'd like them to expand their menu a bit but Evelyn says she'll cook whatever you want by appointment.

Sounds good. We found out when we got there that they are closed Sundays - Pom Pom's and Dandelion were also both closed when we went by around 7. I wish there were more options in the area for a Sunday night.

Tried out Rustic Steakhouse tonight and had a wonderful meal with friends. They did a great job transforming this place from the Improv. Make sure you check out the two story cooled wine room and try the sample wine and cheese of the day. Ribeye was great.

I also have gone several times to Fratellis Italian Restaurant on Orange across from BOA. If you like thin crust pizza their's is pretty good. Tuesday and Wednesdays they have all you can eat pizza and wings. Good wings, too!

Well, this didn't last long, per the Orlando Sentinel, Rustic closed down on January 1, 2009, due to a difficult economy.

Edited by FLheat

Has anyone been to Graffiti Junction yet? Any reviews! Inquiring minds want to know...

just read some reviews on it on yelp... i'll have to check it out :) im sure our club will do a meet there

Well, this didn't last long, per the Orlando Sentinel, Rustic closed down on January 1, 2009, due to a difficult economy.

that is too bad...as far as i know the owners of spice are the ones that created rustic...im sure they are still doing well in their other locations..i know the one on park ave is always busy along with all the other eateries in the area

Anyone opening a restaurant in this economy needs to have their head examined. Look around at how many restaurants have closed their doors the past six months.

ya it def takes some gonads to try and survive, on that note

a friend of mine is opening up bagel bagel out by ucf...its right across ucf in a newly developed plaza

go check it out!

http://www.bagelbagelcafe.com/index.php/bb...january_19_2009