Chemmie

Orlando Restaurants & Bars

two things:

green day cafe, a new eco-friendly little fast-food wrap and sandwich place on lee road in the old taco bell building has very tasty salads and wraps. i got mixed greens with hummus and guac, and it was flavourful without using the organic salad dressing provided.

and i tried coqui mexicano last week. i had a fantastically spicy chicken sopes. good mofungo, but the bacalhau made the dish too salty (it was like they didn't soak the codfish long enough, which usually means days). i will definitely go back to try the nachos with tomatillio sauce that my friend raved about ... once, that is, we get over the fact that they overcharged our credit card almost 25% (which we thought was just an authorization as other places do, but it turned out to indeed be the amount they charged us.) i hope this was just a neophyte mistake!

We are headed to El Coqui tonight. Any word on the corkage fee?

We was not charged for the 2 bottles poured. We had to wait for them to wash the wine glasses, but they were more than accommodating. I just wish their hours were more predictable. I think weekends are until 9PM and during the week until 7 unless they have some event going on. The atmosphere is "encanto" and Evelyn and Rico are great hosts. I'd like them to expand their menu a bit but Evelyn says she'll cook whatever you want by appointment.

We was not charged for the 2 bottles poured. We had to wait for them to wash the wine glasses, but they were more than accommodating. I just wish their hours were more predictable. I think weekends are until 9PM and during the week until 7 unless they have some event going on. The atmosphere is "encanto" and Evelyn and Rico are great hosts. I'd like them to expand their menu a bit but Evelyn says she'll cook whatever you want by appointment.

Sounds good. We found out when we got there that they are closed Sundays - Pom Pom's and Dandelion were also both closed when we went by around 7. I wish there were more options in the area for a Sunday night.

Tried out Rustic Steakhouse tonight and had a wonderful meal with friends. They did a great job transforming this place from the Improv. Make sure you check out the two story cooled wine room and try the sample wine and cheese of the day. Ribeye was great.

I also have gone several times to Fratellis Italian Restaurant on Orange across from BOA. If you like thin crust pizza their's is pretty good. Tuesday and Wednesdays they have all you can eat pizza and wings. Good wings, too!

Well, this didn't last long, per the Orlando Sentinel, Rustic closed down on January 1, 2009, due to a difficult economy.

Edited by FLheat

Has anyone been to Graffiti Junction yet? Any reviews! Inquiring minds want to know...

just read some reviews on it on yelp... i'll have to check it out :) im sure our club will do a meet there

Well, this didn't last long, per the Orlando Sentinel, Rustic closed down on January 1, 2009, due to a difficult economy.

that is too bad...as far as i know the owners of spice are the ones that created rustic...im sure they are still doing well in their other locations..i know the one on park ave is always busy along with all the other eateries in the area

Anyone opening a restaurant in this economy needs to have their head examined. Look around at how many restaurants have closed their doors the past six months.

ya it def takes some gonads to try and survive, on that note

a friend of mine is opening up bagel bagel out by ucf...its right across ucf in a newly developed plaza

go check it out!

http://www.bagelbagelcafe.com/index.php/bb...january_19_2009

Just a heads up.....anyone that have used their credit card at Tastings Downtown on E. Washington need to double check to see if they have double charged you. They are currently rectifying the situation.

Just a heads up.....anyone that have used their credit card at Tastings Downtown on E. Washington need to double check to see if they have double charged you. They are currently rectifying the situation.

crazy ... we were there the same day (one of the two with double charges, nov 28 and dec 2, i think). thanks for the heads up!

for those who have been to El Coqui Mexicano, how big is this place and how is parking? thinking of having a group there for dinner on a saturday night...

tia!

The place is VERY small. There are only 4 tables that can seat 6 and seating for 8 at the counter. Call ahead for reservations since it will be too cold for outdoor seating. Last Saturday night was packed.

The place is VERY small. There are only 4 tables that can seat 6 and seating for 8 at the counter. Call ahead for reservations since it will be too cold for outdoor seating. Last Saturday night was packed.

ah ok thanks for the heads up, prob not the place to bring 10-20 rowdy hungry guys hahah ill have to keep this reserved for our smaller group outings!

for those who have been to El Coqui Mexicano, how big is this place and how is parking? thinking of having a group there for dinner on a saturday night...

tia!

I went there with a group on Saturday and there wasn't a place to sit. It looked great, but we were on a time schedule and went somewhere else. I really want to go back, though.

got to check out tastings this past friday, if you aren't aware its at the bottom of the new dynetech building...we had great service there, decent selection of wines, they have the whole dispenser deal like wine room in winter park but on a smaller scale, we hung out at the bar and split a bottle of rosa regale...great place to chill and not feel like you are packed in like sardines (well not yet)... not a place where foot traffic is high, so hopefully they survive for now until business can pick up more for them!

Has anyone been to Graffiti Junction yet? Any reviews! Inquiring minds want to know...

The burgers were great, the service was awful and God! it was loud but was fun to watch the game. Burger prices a little below Mary's.

The burgers were great, the service was awful and God! it was loud but was fun to watch the game. Burger prices a little below Mary's.

sometimes good food doesnt make up for bad service ... anyone know the hours? we were going to go tonight to check it out,but no one answered the phone and its not posted on their site

went to graffiti junktion saturday night,

to sum up the night:

nice casual environment

powertripped owner/manager (id'd for drinking sweet tea!)

pretty good burgers

love that you can draw on the picnic tables

for more details on my review, check out my blog (see below)

It was while in the new location that I was acquainted with the seemingly thriving prostitution market downtown. I took it as a good thing.

say what?? the girls that work there are smokin...

i just read that manuels on the 28th and harveys both served their last meal on valentines :(

i've been to harveys (for valentines) and have always wanted to try manuels, but no i will never be able to, very sad!