Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

It will never happen but would be nice to see a 1-2 year moratorium on new bars downtown. Its a constant cycle at this point of bar openings and closings and other than the construction companies doing the buildouts on each change of ownership no one is winning in this. I guess that isn't true, the city gets their fees as well.

To get 1-2 restaurants I could recommend to people in the $15 a person range would be so nice. I get people in the store all the time asking where to eat and most the time I can't really give them much help. Now when they want a place to drink that is easy.

• Like 1

To get 1-2 restaurants I could recommend to people in the $15 a person range would be so nice. I get people in the store all the time asking where to eat and most the time I can't really give them much help.

This. 

My office is in one of the larger towers so I often recommend visitors stay at the Bohemian when coming in from out of town (as there are no other upscale hotels downtown).  Other than Kres and maybe Rusty Spoon or City Fish there are so few restaurants to recommend.  And these people are paying with their expense accounts (as I'm sure many other out-of-towners staying downtown are) so to have more quality, pricey options would be fabulous!

Didn't get a chance to go inside yet but did post their menu on Bungalower.

I ate there last night, the atmosphere is nice, but yes, it does look very "EPCOTish" especially with the long wood tables and benches in the main dining area.  The food prices were reasonable.  The servers were friendly but still seem to be unfamiliar with their product.  I feel sorry for the waitresses having to wear the German costumes.  The beer selection looks pretty good and there is a front and back bar.  The space feels pretty open.  The food was just OK, but I'll be back because I think things will improve.

I ate there last night, the atmosphere is nice, but yes, it does look very "EPCOTish" especially with the long wood tables and benches in the main dining area.  The food prices were reasonable.  The servers were friendly but still seem to be unfamiliar with their product.  I feel sorry for the waitresses having to wear the German costumes.  The beer selection looks pretty good and there is a front and back bar.  The space feels pretty open.  The food was just OK, but I'll be back because I think things will improve.

I haven't been there yet so can't comment from experience but if you were to describe to me a German restaurant with long wood tables and benches I would think that's very "Bavaria" and very "Oktoberfest" of them and not "Epcot-ish".  Perhaps there is more to the place that gives it an epcot vibe but those two items you describe scream Bavaria to me.  

Also a new bar going into the old Orlando Nights/Paradise Space.

Great news!  If executed well, this could do really well with the ViMi/Mills 50 crowd.  I hope they're able to do something to the exterior of the building ... it's got to be one of the most downtrodden pieces of architecture fronting Mills in this district.

If you love country music like me, Saddle Up opened last night next to the Courtesy. I guess they decided not to open up the other 2 concept bars and instead combining all into one country bar. And it is huge inside. I thought they would hurt Stagger Inn but Stagger Inn was also simultaneously crowded as usual. Hee haw!

If you love country music like me, Saddle Up opened last night next to the Courtesy. I guess they decided not to open up the other 2 concept bars and instead combining all into one country bar. And it is huge inside. I thought they would hurt Stagger Inn but Stagger Inn was also simultaneously crowded as usual. Hee haw!

Just out of curiosity, if both bars are doing well, any ideas what doomed Cheyenne its last time out? It appears country can thrive downtown based on this - was it strictly a function of the recession or was there something else going on?

Edited by spenser1058

This. 

My office is in one of the larger towers so I often recommend visitors stay at the Bohemian when coming in from out of town (as there are no other upscale hotels downtown).  Other than Kres and maybe Rusty Spoon or City Fish there are so few restaurants to recommend.  And these people are paying with their expense accounts (as I'm sure many other out-of-towners staying downtown are) so to have more quality, pricey options would be fabulous!

I think Ceviche is a great place to recommend out of towners. You cant beat the atmosphere, and the Yelp ratings have actually improved over the years to a 4-star average. Definitely Kres and Rusty Spoon as well. Hopefully whatever replaces Hue will be at least as good. Overall we still need more. Hopefully the arts center will spawn some new casual fine dining concepts.

So they are definitely keeping the name? Any link to current social media or website for the restaurant?

From what I understand, it was too expensive to change the signage--their full name is Terrace 390 Rustic Bistro.  They have not updated their website they have some updates on:  https://www.facebook.com/390Bistro