Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

I walked by the old Zilly Bee on Pine and magnolia yesterday and noticed the signage for Golden Knife Chop House is up and there were two people sitting outside having a drink. Haven't heard any mention of this except a passing remark in a weekly article. Anyone heard anything else?

I walked by the old Zilly Bee on Pine and magnolia yesterday and noticed the signage for Golden Knife Chop House is up and there were two people sitting outside having a drink. Haven't heard any mention of this except a passing remark in a weekly article. Anyone heard anything else?

Apparently a Brazilian place. Owned by a plumbing company if the Bungalower article is correct so who knows what to expect.

Went to the new airport Chuy's. I was excited when the Kissimmee location opened after I had fallen in love with the concept in Austin years ago attending SXSW. Further excitement and more going to when the I-drive store opened so was exceedingly happy watching the Airport location slowly take shape.

The food lives up to expectation. Then something happened that has never happened at any location before so that at first it was a joke. Seems one may only enjoy two of their Texas Martinis' you then may enjoy water or sodas. The limit is set at four house margaritas.

Luckily the bar manager was condescending about it all explaining it was because they are supposedly so strong. I don't think she appreciated the sounds of mirth at the table.

Pity, everything tasted fine, but I left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Had a great time at the Chuy's sneak peak.  The food really is fantastic with enough specialties (their tortillas, the creamy japapeno dressing etc) to set it apart.  With Cheddars and Chuy's  I'm pretty happy to have chains that have great quality and service.   Everythings cyclical I guess.

If you want Mexican closer to downtown, La Fiesta on Curry Ford at Primrose is really great food as well.  It's in a small office strip across a sidestreet from the Wawa. 

FLHeat, that was a very obnoxious statement that taken in context I can only assume was directed at me. Just because you can't hold your drink or perhaps police yourself when out with friends watching a game or the like and evidently need such a policy, or even are a friend of Bill W, nothing gives you the right to tell me where I should go. I'm afraid you will find loud and obnoxious persons wherever you go, frequently having nothing to do with alcohol consumption.

I would never be so ill-bred as say what you should or shouldn't do, but to avoid rude, obnoxious, loud, boisterous, and/or tedious people ruining your evening I find this a wonderful alternative when not in a social mood.

Edited by Boomer136
  • Like 1

FLHeat, that was a very obnoxious statement that taken in context I can only assume was directed at me. Just because you can't hold your drink or perhaps police yourself when out with friends watching a game or the like and evidently need such a policy, or even are a friend of Bill W, nothing gives you the right to tell me where I should go. I'm afraid you will find loud and obnoxious persons wherever you go, frequently having nothing to do with alcohol consumption.

I would never be so ill-bred as say what you should or shouldn't do, but to avoid rude, obnoxious, loud, boisterous, and/or tedious people ruining your evening I find this a wonderful alternative when not in a social mood.N

No apologies offered, context or not, ...if the shoe fits...most will agree anyone with excessive drinking is prone to obnoxious behavior.  Why does a drunk's choice have to trump my right to have an enjoyable evening?  It's good to see places acknowledge this and makes a good choice for my preferences.  I don't need substances to have a good time and don't have to prove to anyone if I can hold my alcohol or not.

Wow. Do we know each other? But thanks for proving the point that obnoxiousness needs not come from any substance other than a person's soul and being.

Lest this aside draw focus from my original complaint, it's not the two/four drink maximum that I objected to. Rather it was the rude, condescending and dare I say it, obnoxious way it was enforced.

For the past nine years or so none of the three stores in Austin (including the mother-ship on Barton Rd), Kissimmee, nor I-Drive had this policy ever been mentioned or enforced. So we were surprised.

A business I believe can have almost any policy it wishes, as long as it doesn't have to do with not allowing blacks at counter tables and that sort of thing. And even policies can be different from one store to the next, like no bacon at the FH Wendy's. Just don't be obnoxious about it is all I ask.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Orlando UPers, greetings from Charlotte... Question for you all, and I apologize if this isn't the right thread so feel free to move it if needed, but do you have a recommendation for a pre-game spot (bar) near the Citrus Bowl (I guess it's called Camping World Stadium now)? I'm heading down there on Friday for a concert and I don't think my friends and I feel like tailgating. I looked at Google and it appears that most of them are concentrated about 1.5 miles away on the other side of I-4. Perhaps I'm missing something? Thanks in advance.

Agreed with above. It will be much more fun if you pre-drink in downtown like at the Lodge, Wall Street, or walk around until you see a good crowd. Uber will be the most convenience way (should be cheap given the distant), or you can take the free Lymmo circulator bus from downtown to about 2 big blocks from the stadium. Have fun!

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions. We're going to the Guns n Roses show, so it's obviously nothing fancy that we need to be at. LOL. Something with a good tap list and decent bar type food. The Broken Cauldron does sound like a good option though along wtih the Lodge.. 

Edited by HopHead

56 minutes ago, HopHead said:

Thanks for the suggestions. We're going to the Guns n Roses show, so it's obviously nothing fancy that we need to be at. LOL. Something with a good tap list and decent bar type food. The Broken Cauldron does sound like a good option though along wtih the Lodge.. 

It's certainly close.

You could pretty easily walk, just make sure you stay together in a group.

Not the most dangerous part of town but not the safest, either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

Definitely The Lodge for pregame and of course postgame.  Take a golf cart pedicab or uber.  The free shuttle buses are running from the police station there and back.

Of course you'd recommend The Lodge, haha.

Not that I disagree ... 

1 hour ago, HopHead said:

The Lodge is purely a bar. If you're looking for food, I'd recommend Frank & Steins (yuuuuge beer selection), or Ferg's (less beer options, better food). 

There is a lot of food/booze on Church Street.

• Like 2