Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

Based off your username and aforementioned appreciation of beer, I'd also recommend Tap n Grind which is also about as close as you're gonna get.  There's a Colombian place next door for food.

Or the obligatory World of Beer that's on our main downtown parkspace/lake that's about an extra mile away, but again, there are plenty of carts and a free circulator bus (lymmo).

34 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

Based off your username and aforementioned appreciation of beer, I'd also recommend Tap n Grind which is also about as close as you're gonna get.  There's a Colombian place next door for food.

Or the obligatory World of Beer that's on our main downtown parkspace/lake that's about an extra mile away, but again, there are plenty of carts and a free circulator bus (lymmo).

The Broken Cauldron is right at SOBT and W. Church, a short walk from the stadium.

Actually, from what I understand, it's actually two separate bars next to each other, operating under one name.

Anyway, if I was going to a concert at the stadium, I don't know if I'd want to mess around with catching and riding trollies, or cabs prior to it starting.

Now, if I was parked downtown and wanted to get to and from the stadium, that would be different, but parking at the stadium before the show starts, then hanging around waiting for a ride a mile in the other direction, trying to get some partying in, then having to catch a ride back in time for the show, doesn't seem like something I'd want to mess around with.

Unless you show up at the stadium about three hours early so you'd have plenty of time.

JMHO.

• 4 months later...

Graffiti Junktion is announcing the opening (finally!) of their new location up the street in Thornton Park at the old Wildside. Heaven knows I'm going to miss my baby back ribs, but looking forward to sitting outside and watching the eye candy go by on Summerlin. Here's hoping the tunes aren't quite as loud as they were at the old location.

• 3 weeks later...

Not Orlando, rather nearby St. Augustine --

I was recently in St. Augustine for x-mas lights and noticed the opening of a new restaurant on St. George, Prohibition Kitchen.  This is not your average St. Augustine tourist joint. An absolutely beautiful build-out, interesting menu, and live music.  It reminds of places I've frequented while working in Nashville.  I'm not sure if this is a one-off or a part of a larger transformation going on in St. Augustine:  https://www.facebook.com/prohibitionkitchenstaugustine/?fref=ts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Not Orlando, rather nearby St. Augustine --

I was recently in St. Augustine for x-mas lights and noticed the opening of a new restaurant on St. George, Prohibition Kitchen.  This is not your average St. Augustine tourist joint. An absolutely beautiful build-out, interesting menu, and live music.  It reminds of places I've frequented while working in Nashville.  I'm not sure if this is a one-off or a part of a larger transformation going on in St. Augustine:  https://www.facebook.com/prohibitionkitchenstaugustine/?fref=ts

Its from the Pizzalley's people so they know the market there.

I would kill for something as cool as the Ice Plant in Orlando. Old OUC building would actually fit the vibe well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Citrus to close. I hear that Jason Chin from Osprey is going to take over the space. If we had something the quality of Osprey downtown that would be wonderful.

This is confirmed. Jason & Sue are wonderful people and I'm excited they're planting roots in the NQ/Uptown area. Seito rocks, Osprey can be a bit uneven but is getting there. I can't wait to see what their take on a tequila bar looks like!

It's interesting that Citrus has been noted as a "popular power lunch spot" even as the closing was announced. That was the designation for Ronnie's as well, especially during Mayor Bill's administration. Of course, so far as I know, Mayor Buddy never jumped outside Citrus to nab a criminal like Mayor Bill once did in the Colonial Plaza parking lot by Ronnie's (albeit at a power breakfast). Meanwhile, I wonder what the power lunch location of the moment is considered to be.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1988-05-13/news/0040110008_1_bohannan-frederick-aggravated-assault

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

Just came across this:

Joysticks Arcade Lounge and Retro Bar opening in downtown Orlando

Addie Hassel's face glows from the light of a neon Miss Pacman sign as she stands next to a Mario Brothers-inspired Piranha Plant she made herself.

“Everything that we’ve done for the past 18 months has been building out or doing something for this bar,” said Hassel.

Hassel is soon to be the queen of Orlando gamers, and her new castle sits on the second floor of a building on Pine Street.

Her utopia is Joysticks Arcade Lounge and Retro Bar, which officially opens this month.

Walking into this place is like taking a step back in time.

“It’s all the things you loved as a kid but better,” Hassel said.

Hassel and her fiancé, Jeffrey Stelter, who is the bar’s Design Consultant and Head of Games, both come from an artistic background. They handmade almost every element inside the bar.

The bar features nearly 20 arcade games including Pac-Man, Tron, Mortal Kombat and black light air hockey. All the games are always on free play mode.

Rest of article at link.

I meant that as in the establishment was too small, so the bar itself was just okay, but I still had a fun time. I can still have a fun time in even the crappiest dive though, just sayin'.

And I don't Yelp. (probably because of my terse and cryptic writing noted above).

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Orlando proper is getting its first Huey Magoos and it will be near Millenia at 4693 Garden Park Blvd.

This is a chicken tender place (think Zaxbys) that started across from UCF and since expanded to multiple locations in Seminole County.   They do really well and I'd love to see one pop up downtown or if I had to pick a Main Street SoDo or College Park as far as fit.

Maybe @UngaBungalow can find out if they have any plans to come into our hoods.   They recently sold with a plan for much more expansion 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2017 at 4:28 PM, Jernigan said:

Orlando proper is getting its first Huey Magoos and it will be near Millenia at 4693 Garden Park Blvd.

This is a chicken tender place (think Zaxbys) that started across from UCF and since expanded to multiple locations in Seminole County.   They do really well and I'd love to see one pop up downtown or if I had to pick a Main Street SoDo or College Park as far as fit.

Maybe @UngaBungalow can find out if they have any plans to come into our hoods.   They recently sold with a plan for much more expansion 

Looking into it. They're a bit tight lipped. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...