Chemmie

Orlando Restaurants & Bars

On 9/11/2019 at 9:56 AM, HankStrong said:

When I first moved to Orlando, I went to a sandwich place downtown advertising Orlando's best Philly Cheese Steaks.  It is long gone and I can't remember exactly where it was, but it was tucked somewhere between Orange & Magnolia (E/W) and Jefferson & Pine (N/S) in what appeared to me to be an older semi-historic building.

The point was that people in Orlando don't seem to know what a Philly Cheese Steak is.  This was ground beef with some cubed onions & bell peppers, topped with nacho cheese pumped from a warmer.  It was served on a large hot dog bun.  As I saw it being made, I was like "Excuse me, I no longer want to try your Philly Cheese Steak.  Can I order something else?"  They were cool about it, but the manager insisted that's the way REAL ones are made.  I've been to Phully-dulph-e-uh many times.  I have several friends in Phully.  That's not how they do it in Phully!

It also wasn't Cheez-Whiz, which is acceptable to some, but not to me.  This was just a giant tub of nacho cheese from Sam's Club or something.

LaSpada's on Lee Rd is legit.  Try it!

• Thanks 1

I thought Publix used to be really good before they ditched their griddle.   It’s still ok but not my choice.  Firehouse is good in a Firehouse way but the best option I’ve found is Jersey Mike’s.  I’ll have to try the new place sometime.

Edit: Shoutout to Wawa.  Definitely good in a pinch.

Edited by Jernigan

Dubsdread’s Tap Room has been name one of the Top 25 Restaurants in the World Worth Traveling To”:

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/4870-tap-room-at-dubsdread-named-among-top-25-restaurants-in-the-world-worth-traveling-for

The College Park golf course is a wee bit of a drive but one hardly has to pack a lunch to get there, especially since you can have one of their award-winning burgers when you arrive...

From Scott J