Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

I was just about to mention Fifi's on here. One of the servers, a trainer none the less is just... "aight." However, ask for Justin, he's very good. The food is great and so is their beer selection. If you've not tried "Beelzebuth" before, I highly recommend it. It's a 13% ABV blonde ale that's great. Sadly they only have left of what they ordered and will not continue... unless more people like me ask for it. So if you're there and want a good time, ask for Beelzebuth!

i've been to fifi's three times, twice for breakfast and once for dinner. FANTASTIC dinner salads ... and top-notch service. the only problem i've had so far is inconsistency in pricing from menu to tab. and they have a couple of different breakfast menus that have conflicting prices ... like one has every breakfast side priced at $1.50, so i ordered a side of grits. out comes a whole bowl, along with the fruit bowl and everything else. then i was charged something like $3.50 -- for a bowl that wasn't listed on that day's menu but on the next breakfast menu i saw.

so my lesson was: i definitely enjoy my food there, and definitely check my tab before i pay!

So if you're there and want a good time, ask for Beelzebuth!

AGREE! I eat there all the time and this is a great beer! Fifi's should be a hit in no time. Their food is really good and the place looks great! Between the Beacon, Fifi's and Graze -- this corner will be a great mix.

The only problem I have is that Fifi's doesn't yet have a liquor license. I'm more of a "cocktail" kind of guy -- does anyone know if they are applying for one?

Also, does anyone know what "type" of resturaunt Graze is going to be? From what I've heard (and this is probably completely incorrect), it will rival HUE....

Edited by corpkid

• 3 weeks later...

AGREE! I eat there all the time and this is a great beer! Fifi's should be a hit in no time. Their food is really good and the place looks great! Between the Beacon, Fifi's and Graze -- this corner will be a great mix.

The only problem I have is that Fifi's doesn't yet have a liquor license. I'm more of a "cocktail" kind of guy -- does anyone know if they are applying for one?

Also, does anyone know what "type" of resturaunt Graze is going to be? From what I've heard (and this is probably completely incorrect), it will rival HUE....

Hey, didn't see this... yeah, Fifi's definitely has a liquor license. Hope it's not too late!

Does anyone know if Lee & Rick's oyster bar is still open over near Metrowest?

Thanks

I was there about a month ago... Lee & Rick's is the crape.

A Sad Day for Downtown Coffee Drinkers

posted by Tim Gallagher on Jan 23, 2007 9:38:38 PM

Unreal... Just days after I named Rigo & Audrey Davila as two of the most powerful people in Downtown Orlando as owners of the Coffee House of Thornton Park (a favorite breakfast spot), I find out that the Coffee House is now CLOSED!!!!!

coffeehouse1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is Lee & Rick?

My "in-laws" was looking for decent seafood restaurant but I just couldnt find one in Orlando. Any recommendations besides Red Lobster & Mccormick?

pretty far out on Kirkman...from I-4 that is. Well ok maybe just a few miles. I guess it used to be anyway, they had their own tile oyster bar and they would shuck them right in front of you.

Seafood, lets see. Shells is better than Red Lobster. Straubs is much better than that. K's has got great seafood, a dish or 2 a night at the least. Oh yeah, Harveys Bistro has a few dishes that are real good also. Pecan crusted trout and something else if I remember correctly. They used to have these oysters rockefeller that were amazing...but last time I went they were off the menu.

Was it during the spinach epidemic?

I don't think so, I remember the waiter not making any excuses about it (just 'I don't know why they did it, but lots of people ask for them') Plus wouldn't cooking it kill the e-coli? Not that it would help public opinion....

• 2 weeks later...

The new Maggiano's is open over at Pointe Orlando and damn is it good. I've been a big fan of Maggiano's since I went to the original in Chicago many years ago. Now they are national and, even though it's a chain, it is some damn good italian. I'm thrilled that we finally got one here in Orlando.

For any steak lovers, their NYStrip steak Al Forno is one of the best steaks I've ever had. It's expensive, but great. And for those on a budget, even something as simple as the spaghetti and meatballs is superb.

I am looking for a really good Indian restaurant. One where I can do take out. I read a prior post that Spice Cafe is good and I have heard that Memories of India is pretty good. Any thoughts? To be specific, a place where I can so darn good Curry Chicken.

• 1 month later...

They served Johnson's at the Opening Night Party for the Florida Film Festival. The mac n cheese is good. All the fried chicken was gone by the time I got to that table, so I imagine it was off the hook.

On the food tip, Citrus (801 N. Magnolia) looks like it is very close to opening. The lights have been on at night for almost a week now.

They served Johnson's at the Opening Night Party for the Florida Film Festival. The mac n cheese is good. All the fried chicken was gone by the time I got to that table, so I imagine it was off the hook.

On the food tip, Citrus (801 N. Magnolia) looks like it is very close to opening. The lights have been on at night for almost a week now.

citrus is at 801 n orange (yes, i own in the much-hated-around-here park north condos (because i am single and don't make a lot of money to buy a fancy-pants place!)) i think there has been server introduction/training this past week because i see people there shaking hands and stuff when i go home for lunch.

speaking of 801, last weekend there was actually a 30-artist show in one of the empty storefronts there which drummed up a lot of hipster traffic. i was surprised!

Edited by slapdash09

citrus is at 801 n orange (yes, i own in the much-hated-around-here park north condos (because i am single and don't make a lot of money to buy a fancy-pants place!)) i think there has been server introduction/training this past week because i see people there shaking hands and stuff when i go home for lunch.

speaking of 801, last weekend there was actually a 30-artist show in one of the empty storefronts there which drummed up a lot of hipster traffic. i was surprised!

Citrus is scheduled to open on the 12 or 17th, or......I forget. They have been having some permit issues so the managers, chef, and owners have had to conduct their business outside since nobody has been allowed to go inside. However I believe their staff training was scheduled to start today so.....

It was called Exposed, which was also shown at the DMAC a few weeks ago (even though the place has been closed for months).

Is it clean and safe to go?

last year not so clean

Critical. Observed fresh rodent activity as evidenced by rodent droppings found. 10 by the bread machine. Corrected On Site.

35A-05-1 Critical. Observed roach activity as evidenced by live roaches found 1 live roach on the floor dish machine area Corrected On Site.