Orlando Restaurants & Bars

The Oliv Bar is opening on N. Magnolia in the North Quarter (Brendan seems to like that better than NOra or Midtown) this Friday. Cocktails and martinis are the specialties so @dcluley98 and anyone else up that way can get shaken, not stirred:

https://bungalower.com/2021/03/28/new-cocktail-bar-opening-in-the-north-quarter/

From Bungalower 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tried Russell’s last night for happy hour, just a couple apps and drinks. They’ve done a fantastic job with the space, the wall by the lake is all windows and provides an incredible sunset view overlo

Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere but had the chance to try the newly opened "Cavo's" (original Graffiti) on Washington.  Have to say their limited menu was fantastic and I'd definitely go

The funny part, I suppose, is what ersatz verbal constructions these are. "Thornton Park" did not become a thing until the late '80's (it was basically a name pulled out of the subdivision records by

Posted Images

That's the space Two Chefs used to be in. I miss Two Chefs. . . such a good brunch and oysters there.  They had a rough time with the location despite the food being outstanding and some regulars.  It is in No-man's land on a very busy road without a lot of residents near by. I doubt a lot of people cross the streets to get there and I don't know how well a bar will do there. 

• Like 3
That's the space Two Chefs used to be in. I miss Two Chefs. . . such a good brunch and oysters there.  They had a rough time with the location despite the food being outstanding and some regulars.  It is in No-man's land on a very busy road without a lot of residents near by. I doubt a lot of people cross the streets to get there and I don't know how well a bar will do there. 

Did Bagel World not go into the old Two Chefs? I honestly don’t know because I haven’t been over there since the pandemic started (although I do order BW via Ubereats with some regularity).
1 hour ago, orlandoguy said:

Did Bagel World not go into the old Two Chefs? I honestly don’t know because I haven’t been over there since the pandemic started (although I do order BW via Ubereats with some regularity).

Bagel World is still there as of last week, so this must be a different space in the same building.

Regardless, really bad location.

OTOH, this business owner has a ton of experience and successes so I'm gonna assume they have a better idea of what they're doing than I do.

The Sandwich Basket never had trouble drawing a crowd, but that was a meatloaf sandwich worth traveling for!

Otoh, didn’t the Two Chefs folks split amicably with a relocation to South Eola  at one point? I seem to recall that - maybe a meh location played a part in that.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this has been posted about or discussed before, but Spectrum News published on its website yesterday that Gordon Ramsey will open up a fish and chips restaurant at ICON Park on I-Drive

n13_gordon_ramsay_fish_chips_orlando_con

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2021/04/20/gordon-ramsay-orlando-restaurant-to-open-in-august?fbclid=IwAR17jyLRIF83nzGN-uwnpSQpaLQUJY0X6cSAXWF0IAT4geZSkPzWjaOnmW8

• Like 2
On 3/30/2021 at 8:22 PM, spenser1058 said:

didn’t the Two Chefs folks split amicably with a relocation to South Eoka at one point?

If this is a Muddy Waters reference I might havta start calling our neighborhood South Eoka

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dwSouthEola said:

If this is a Muddy Waters reference I might havta start calling our neighborhood South Eoka

My fingers are sadly much too big for my iPhone and it shows...

• Haha 1

Been jonesing for some wings really fast and the idea of going to Hooters is sooooo 1980’s?

Now there’s Hoots, a fast casual version where they promise they’re concentrating more on the food than the, ahem, ambience. Which, of course, never did much for me anyway, even in my fraternity days.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/hooters-is-opening-a-new-fast-casual-restaurant-chain-spinoff/ar-BB1g1OxK?li=BBnba9O

From MSN

• 2 weeks later...