winter light in Boston

tocoto

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics! The winter sun always makes things look different because it is so low in the sky. Unfortunately that isn't much help around here, since there isn't much sunshine at all during the winter (it hasn't been sunny here at all for like 2 weeks).

Great stuff Tim!

I really like the second to last photo. Thru the trees and the lighting make it almost look like an impressionist painting.

Do you purposely avoid red brick buildings? How does one cover that many square blocks and only have one picture of a red brick structure. You need to let go and love the bricks ;) , they are so damn Bostonian!

Actually most buildings in these pictures are either art deco or from the early 20th century and would make them relatively new (and rare) by Bostons standards.

Scott - you are very observant. I took these, and a lot of other shots, expressly for my art deco collection. Actually, there are many non-brick buildings in boston that are old, especially on the business side of the back bay, (stuart st, st james ave, etc) and out in longwood.

I have another set of very ruddy brick shots for another thread. I didn't have time to put them all together today.

Archived