Metro Population deceleration

HolidayInnExpress

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think GaryP has been coming around here long enough that he can do whichever he wants. In fact, this forum is a great place to come to get opinions, rumors, gossip, humor, and a lot more. I've found that political discussion and analysis of "facts" tend to drive people away. Most of us ended up here doing a search for "Icon on Bond" or "Alticor Hotel", and not "what is wrong with Michigan". I think under the general Urban Discussion section, you'll find plenty of opportunity to discuss many different issues.

Or maybe we create a different section and dump all political discussions there?

I think GaryP has been coming around here long enough that he can do whichever he wants. In fact, this forum is a great place to come to get opinions, rumors, gossip, humor, and a lot more. I've found that political discussion and analysis of "facts" tend to drive people away. Most of us ended up here doing a search for "Icon on Bond" or "Alticor Hotel", and not "what is wrong with Michigan". I think under the general Urban Discussion section, you'll find plenty of opportunity to discuss many different issues.

Or maybe we create a different section and dump all political discussions there?

Understood... My apologize to Gary if I came across as attempting to censure his thoughts. I seek to be enriched with knowledge and would like to be able to take what people say to have a nominal value based in facts. Certainly conjecture and opinion serves as good entertainment, which I too enjoy, however, I would like to be able to separate one from the other.

Is this forum simply a venue to discuss buildings? Does the

Understood... My apologize to Gary if I came across as attempting to censure his thoughts. I seek to be enriched with knowledge and would like to be able to take what people say to have a nominal value based in facts. Certainly conjecture and opinion serves as good entertainment, which I too enjoy, however, I would like to be able to separate one from the other.

Is this forum simply a venue to discuss buildings? Does the

I believe the system works something like this. The state hands out money to schools on a per child basis. A community can ask its residents to pass millages to raise additional funds for things like new facilities. So, an affluent city with a lot of children is likely to pass more millages and have better facilities, but per child money should be handed out on an eqaul basis and it currently is not.

How do teacher

I know a few teachers majors that recently graduated. They will take jobs in michigan anywhere they can get them. No teacher shortage here at all. I can't honestly say for inner city D-Town though, but it's more than just those schools getting extra dollars.

Archived